• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) New One D&D Playtest Document: 77 Pages, 7 Classes, & More!

Updated classes, spells, feats, and more!

There's a brand new playtest document for the new (version/edition/update) of Dungeons of Dragons available for download! This one is an enormous 77 pages and includes classes, spells, feats, and weapons.

In this new Unearthed Arcana document for the 2024 Core Rulebooks, we explore material designed for the next version of the Player’s Handbook. This playtest document presents updated rules on seven classes: Bard, Cleric, Druid, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, and Rogue. This document also presents multiple subclasses for each of those classes, new Spells, revisions to existing Spells and Spell Lists, and several revised Feats. You will also find an updated rules glossary that supercedes the glossary of any previous playtest document.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Man what?

What on earth are you trying to say here? The second sentence does an amazing job of actually making your point way more confusing. I can't even respond to this bizarre pair of sentences.
I think they're saying that everything uses metagame thinking now anyway, so it doesn't matter.

I think they're saying that everything uses metagame thinking now anyway, so it doesn't matter.
I mean, I'd say that's obviously untrue, because the main issue with Short Rests is actually that people don't metagame with them lol. It's not even debatable, you can see it in Let's Plays/Actual Plays as well as your actual campaigns.

Incenjucar

Legend
Even with the original Vancian magic, the original concept was that you were pre-casting the spells, which were more like rituals with a trigger to set them off. I could also see being unable to do more difficult things after straining yourself, or having a limit in your contract with a fiendish patron. But straight up dailies as the default falls pretty far from most narratives.

mamba

Legend
Dailies are so incredibly counter to any fiction I'd ever come up with unless using, like, the magic of the rising sun.
maybe, but I don't see how something refreshing after an encounter can be any less counter to it

Resting and refreshing for a night at least is something that happens in real life. Being refreshed after a boxing fight simply because it is over does not.

If in your logic a 1h rest makes sense, I don't see how a 8h rest makes less sense either.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads