• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New OOTS - 422

diaglo

Adventurer
Voadam said:
Can't be rebuked unless undead
unless Redcloak has a domain we don't know about like Chaos that he is rebuking. even tho, it doesn't normally do that. but he is a DMNPC. so he is special.

Nyeshet

First Post
I second the vote for simulacrum.

Thinking about it, it simply works too well. A halved in level Xykon probably is rebukable by Redcloak, after all, and it would have enough hp and spells to give a bit of a fight before it was destroyed - which would hold the attention of the OotS for a little while and perhaps fool them (although I find it unlikely that they would be fooled for long - perhaps just until the fight was over and they realized he fell too easily).

Meanwhile, I expect Xykon to have found a way inside the city covertly and working in the throne room while all the guards are defending the walls.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Pbartender said:
There's a whole slew of spells that would make it very easy to disguise a hobgoblin.

Dopplegangers can only Shape change into humanoids... By the Rules, not that Rich always follows them, undead would be off limits to a Doppleganger.

Me? I'd wager that this is a very likely option.

Pbartender FTW!

Jarrod

First Post
We need more speculation about that necklace!

Necklace of Missiles FTW! Seriously, though, if you had to suck in and deal with a fighter-type, a Necklace of Missiles is a pretty good way to pull it off. Too bad they don't have a spare Helm of Brilliance to complete the "boom" set.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads