• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New PH3 Class....The Psion!

Rechan

Adventurer
I had that same thought initially, but then it occurred to me... We don't know what the other psionic classes are going to look like. If (just for instance) the psionic leader turns out to be more in line with the kalashtar, that'd be just fine. I think they need to be "aimed" at a psionic class of some sort, but it doesn't necessarily need to be the psion itself.
Many moons ago it was mentioned in passing on the Tome Show by a designer that the Psionic Leader would be the Empath.

I'm willing to bet that the Psionic Leader will be using Cha or Wisdom, considering it's based on Empathy.

Zexsudel

Explorer
Many moons ago it was mentioned in passing on the Tome Show by a designer that the Psionic Leader would be the Empath.

I'm willing to bet that the Psionic Leader will be using Cha or Wisdom, considering it's based on Empathy.

Gives hope. I definitely agree the Kalashtar need a psionic class they are really suited for. Guess I am clinging to the old idea that the psion class is the catch all for psionics.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I noticed the kalashtar thing too, but then I also noticed that their +2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom lines up perfectly with both of the psion build's secondary ability scores. They'd still make pretty good psions.

Rechan

Adventurer
Just now getting around to looking at the Psion.

Observation 1: Boy I want to play this. :D

Observation 2: Anyone else find it funny that Level 15 is the first time the psion gets a power that Dominates, but the Bard gets one at level 5?

Observation 3: Man, using the CB for this is annoying.

Observation 4: Concussive Detonation At Will 27, looks to be the TK power. It even uses Wisdom.

Observaition 5: A Cunning Bard and a telepath Psion are a nasty tag-team. The Psion can throw down vulnerability to psychic damage, which the Cunning Bard does all the live-long day.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I like that they are stretching the PC mechanics in a new direction. I like that a lot. I'm not sure how it will all play out yet, but I'm quite happy they've tried this new idea.

CapnZapp

Legend
I really think WotC shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Legit customers get a incomplete bothersome PDF and require an online internet connection to read about their new class.

As for everybody else, the completely useable and easily read rip is already out on the webs.

Thank about that for a minute, WotC, before the next time you cripple your products for your paying customers only but not in the slightest for everybody else. (There certainly wasn't a waiting period of several weeks, which at least WotC managed to win from stopping selling pdfs)

I can totally understand if you as a DDI customer would choose to download the "free" version, because it is completely superior in almost all respects!

WotC should feel free to add documents with links into their compendium as a free extra service; not as a replacement for a full pdf and/or a really stupid anti-piracy measure!

Remove ads