• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

new player lvl 1 wanting to play an open rpg game

crabheart

First Post
my friend let me borrow his player manual.. so ive created my character nutral good human ranger.

im a very honest guy. and im really bored... and ide like some experience before i play face to face with my friends...

i dont have the rule book in my posestion rite now so youl have to guide me a bit.. but i studdied the book for a month and i got a bit of it

and ide like to invite anyone elese who is new to play with me

Last edited:

S

shurai

Look at the SRD?

May I suggest the System Reference Document? It's basically the entire corpus of basic D&D rules, minus the XP table and a few other bits of proprietary information (Wizards decided to allow people to freely copy, redistribute, and expand on much of the d20 system, on which D&D runs).

The best web version I know of is Sovelior & Sage's:

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/home.html

That should give your brain enough to chew on while you're looking for a game. Also, see the Gamers Seeking Gamers thread, which I believe is where online games are advertised. : ]

Voidrazor

First Post
The SRD has everything you really need as a starting player. Although it's nice to have a ton of splatbooks.

But again this is the wrong thread to look in to join a game. The OOC forum has a couple of 1st level games that are currently recruiting. Look for DnD 3.5 Prophet's Blood and Scourge of the Howling Horde.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I went ahead and moved this thread over but Voidrazor pretty much has it right. You might have better luck looking for a game that's actively recruiting but you never know.

Anyhow, welcome aboard and I hope you have fun. :)

Very Respectfully
BS
PbP Moderator

Remove ads