New site (minor update)

Sixten

First Post
Grazzt said:
Sure- it includes ASP (as a matter of fact), conversions, new monsters, another website, a turning point (and natural extension) for the Creature Catalog, etc..... :)

Um... Wandering monster tables as web services? :)

(Sounds good, whatever it turns out to be!)

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Sixten said:

But it gets even easier. :) ASP itself implements the SSI include directive. So rather than going through all of that, just do this:

Code:
[COLOR=silver]<html>
<body>
<p>This is the text in the text file:</p>
<!--#include virtual="testread.txt"-->
</body>
</html>[/COLOR]

Right- just did that with some test pages to make sure it would read them. So far, so good.

So- ASP may be the way to go. Ignore the coding, it might be sloppy 'cause I am still learning ASP as we speak. :D

Sixten

First Post
One other tip. You're probably aware of this, but I throw it out anyway. Most dynamic-page approaches, in my experience, actually invert the examples above. That is, instead of a page with all of the navigation, etc., that includes the news "hunk", there is a news page that includes the navigation. Generally along the lines of:

Code:
[COLOR=silver]<!--#include virtual="header.inc"-->

News or other page body goes here.

<!--#include virtual="footer.inc"-->[/COLOR]

Blacksway

Rock Monkey
No, can't help it... have to comment!

The Paragraph HTML element <P>'s end tag is optional as defined in HTML 4.01.

There, got that off my chest... back to your usual viewing...

(Oh, and I can't wait to see what you've got lined up for the new site, obvisouly) :D

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Krish- yeppers. I don't have NS 4.7, but I did test it in NS (6.2 or whatever)...so I know it works in the latest version of NS anyway.

As the site is slowly migrated over to ASP, it should all work in NS without a hitch (well, I say that, but nothing in the PC field is without a hitch).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases