New Star Wars is High Republic?

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
That seems like an odd stipulation. I wasn't aware it was secret.

(Unless this is Mandalorian stuff - I don't get to watch that series until the end of March).
It's an old mandate from Lucas himself, he never wanted Yoda's homeworld to be revealed.

He held so fast to this that he ordered that cards from a Star Wars trading card set be recalled because they alluded to the homeworld of Yoda.

Anoth

Adventurer
In college I ran an SWRPG campaign that was set 800 years before the films... and the PCs (all Jedi) encountered a very reckless, but very talented young Jedi Knight... named Yoda. He was a troubled, berserk goblin with a lightsaber. (If you go by the stats in the SWRPG revised book, in his prime Yoda would have had a 20 DEX and 18 CON) The masters just shook their heads about their mistake in "training that one", and part of the PCs task was to keep him from falling to the Dark Side.

So I obviously like this take. Have his wisdom be hard-earned from experience. :)
Sir. I would love to play in a game with you.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Video thumbnail is the cover of the KotOR sourcebook for SWSE.
I had that suspicion after I posted.

Ah well. I'd probably prefer stuff during the Empire or after right now. Though I will be pleased by most things Star Wars in general.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
You are thinking like a person who lives the span of their life in a century.

Consider that, as a Jedi ages, maybe they get more wise. Maybe they get more powerful in the ways of the Force. But... dude, an old Jedi's knees still ache in the morning. They get the twinge in the lower back after doing that double back flip in a duel, just like we do shoveling snow...

You have maybe half a century of adulthood to reach the pinnacle of your achievement and performance before your biology slows you down, and limits your ability to do work in the field.

Yoda? Not so much. Making him a Jedi Master before he starts to slow down is like promoting Kirk to Admiral too early. Where a human has a couple or few decades of useful field work, Yoda wold have centuries.

Another hot take - Yoda's wisdom took a long time, and many, many, very bad mistakes to accumulate. Maybe he was made a Master, and demoted, and promoted again, over and over, for centuries.
Or maybe Master Yoda wanders around doing stuff like Qui-Gon Jinn did. Qui-Gon didn't seem that slow or achy to me.

Remove ads