• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais

The stars of the night sky beautiful? No, my friend, I'm afraid I must contest you there. The heavens are not a painting, their arrangements not plotted by an artist or poet. They are distant lights, and they move about in accordance with things which we do not understand. At this, he glanced around him, eyeing each person carefully, before continuing in a noticably hushed tone. The wonder they invoke, I admit, is...considerable. But, then again, curiosity killed the kobold.
"It is a dim view that does not see beauty in the heavens, or indeed in any modicum of reality, whether the reasons for its existence is known to us or not." Psais looks his fellow Deva in the eyes curious to hear his response.

Gellan's eyes widen a fraction. "We are the Challa-Hin, our home is called here the Valley of Bone. We follow the herds on which we rely; we watch the great hunters to learn their ways, we honor them so," here he points to the marks on his face and arm. "Did I hear you say you have no such people of your own?"

"You did, we Deva;" Psais indicates both himself and the newcomer to the conversation, "Are not born of parents as true mortals are, instead we are born as you see me now, in truth I have only four weeks in this life."
"We are beings different from what you see, but for one purpose or another we chose to be bound by flesh that we may walk in the mortal realm, rather than the tides of the astral seas."
"When we die, most of us are born again to a new life. We retain some of the lessons of what came before, but by no means all.
"

Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=Great Minds..]
[sblock=ooc]
Murphy Tang is a Human Assassin

Wow... 7 strikers, 2 leaders, 1 defender & 4 controllers.... should we try for Can Dextyr and Larinza keep all these strikers alive?
[/sblock]

It's funny because as I was listing off the characters I had the same thought.
At least we would have A defender this time....
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Just an FYI, there are 3 adventures proposed. I haven't looked at 2 of them as Murphy would be interested in both. I will try to look at Darwin's adventure shortly.
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=upcoming adventures OOC]
Ren, did you notice for what levels these adventures are for?

In any event, I suspect that before the 3 adventures are filled there will need to be a couple more defenders and another leader walking into the bar...
Looks like controllers are picking up in popularity, but the poor defenders....

[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post

In any event, I suspect that before the 3 adventures are filled there will need to be a couple more defenders and another leader walking into the bar...

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC;Adventure stuff]
Rujah is a defender, and... um... I *think* we might be nearly done by Christmas. Depending when we're finished, Rujah may well hit level 2.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC;Adventure stuff]
Rujah is a defender, and... um... I *think* we might be nearly done by Christmas. Depending when we're finished, Rujah may well hit level 2. As for defender popularity. I may just be doing it wrong, but I find it hard to actually keep my allies from getting maimed horribly.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
A level 2, and 2 level 3's (the ones I've held off looking over)
[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=what's needed?]I'm looking to build my second character. Would you say there's a dearth of tanks right now? I could build one.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=What's needed?]Yeah. I was thinking of making a druid, but it looks like I'd have better luck with a warden or a fighter.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads