Blog (A5E) New Tools On A5E.tools!

New tools are continually added to A5E.tools, the official tools site for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition. Not only does the site contain the rules of the game, and searchable directories of spells, monsters, magic items, and more, but it also includes things like stronghold builders, random encounters, a monster builder, and much more.

More recently two new tools have been added in beta form.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 3.28.38 PM.png

Basic Character Builder​

This basic character builder simply lets you create a 1st-level character using the rules from the Adventurer’s Guide. It guies you through the steps needed to make your character, selecting heritage, culture, and so on, choosing from class features and equipment packs, and then presenting you with a finished character. It’s very simple and quick to use. Note that this currently only makes 1st-level characters.

Try the character builder here.

Dungeon Generator​

One of the stretch goals in the recent Dungeon Delver’s Guide Kickstarter was the random dungeon generator. Well, that’s now live on the site, 5 months earlier than promised! You can select one of 8 dungeon themes (bastion, temple, tomb, sewer, etc.) and a dungeon level from 1-20, and the generator will build you a quick dungeon using the DDG’s NODES system.

Try the dungeon generator here.

Other Tools​

Other tools added over the last few months include:
  • Encounter Builder. Uses the CR and encounter building tables to give you the totla CR of an appropriate encounter for parties of various sizes and levels.
  • Monster Builder. Using the monster building guidelines in the Monstrous Menagerie, this tool helpe you design a monster. It gives you the base stats; it’s then up to you to tweak it to taste and fill in the details.
  • Object Statistics. A basic generator - choose an objects size and material and it will feed back its AC, hit points, damage threshold, and bash DC..
  • Random Book Titles. This will create evocative books for you to place in your dungeons or on your archvillain’s shelves.
  • Random Boons & Discoveries. Using the travel rules in T&T, these boon and discoveries are rewards for successful exploration challenges.
  • Random NPCs. Get NPC names and brief descriptions.
  • Random Social Encounter. Social encounters along the road, ready for the Narrator to embellish as needed.
  • Random Travel Scenery. Random scenery to enhance any journey.
  • Random Treasure Generator. Using the treasure tables in T&T, quickly generate a treasure hoard of any size and level.
  • Stronghold Builder. Build a stronghold based on the rules in the AG. Simply select its size, type, quality, and any usual features, and the builder will do the rest.

Last edited:

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
When I used the character builder, I definitely had to use the alternate link, but that worked well for me.

I made a dragonborn (armor), draconcult cultist, chaos destiny, warlock.

As stated, not all the options are avialable yet, including the ability to sellect the warlock's spellcasting ability. And yet, the tool was still exceedingly useful. Even for a veteran character maker such as myself, having all the information compiled for you is extremely helpful. It also seems to incorporate errata, which is nice.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Right now, I used the Treasure Generator the most--it's enormously helpful with the encounter sections of the monsters I'm converting.

If I ever run my "Demiplane of Dungeon" idea, I will definitely be using the dungeon-building tools.

Right now, I used the Treasure Generator the most--it's enormously helpful with the encounter sections of the monsters I'm converting.

If I ever run my "Demiplane of Dungeon" idea, I will definitely be using the dungeon-building tools.
I've been using that and the boon generator in in my Friday night game. I've been testing the encounter generator and so far I like it, but wish it was a bit more robust. Hoping the later versions add more options.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've been using that and the boon generator in in my Friday night game. I've been testing the encounter generator and so far I like it, but wish it was a bit more robust. Hoping the later versions add more options.
What do you mean by “robust”? Is it breaking in some way?

It just replicates the encounter tables from the book. That’s pretty much its sole function. :)

What do you mean by “robust”? Is it breaking in some way?

It just replicates the encounter tables from the book. That’s pretty much its sole function. :)
It is not breaking at all. I've found the current tool very helpful in calculating encounter math and thank you highly for it.

The only ask I would have is if it could also create the actual encounter (monsters and the like) based on the CR/Difficulty.

That said it would likely be easier to create a second tool that could do so based on inputted information.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases