• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New troglodytes

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I just realized

Irda Ranger said:
I think Trogs will still have a place in a world with Dragonborn, but having both lizardmen and dragonborn seems questionable to me. We don't have the statblocks yet, obviously, but from here it looks like a "cultural difference" (to use Whizbang's term) between those two races ...

I hope your right....(light bulb goes off)

Oh, I got it, I got it:

Trogledytes are the Drow of Dragonborn.

Rechan

Adventurer
So wait. If Trogs are the subterranian toadies of demon entities, then... what are kuo-toa?

And if Lizardmen are the jungle-dwelling Conan-style reptile guys, then what are the Yuan-ti?

I think I agree with Nifft; too many damn humanoids.

frankthedm

First Post
Rechan said:
So wait. If Trogs are the subterranean toadies of demon entities, then... what are kuo-toa?
Deep ones

And if Lizardmen are the jungle-dwelling Conan-style reptile guys, then what are the Yuan-ti?
Uhm, Yuan-Ti are much more the evil reptiles of Conan infamy. Lizard men are among the better candidates for the 'Noble savage' archetype in D&D.

Rechan

Adventurer
frankthedm said:
Deep Ones
Perhaps I'm just not up on my mythos, but isn't that what the trogs are?
Uhm, Yuan-Ti are much more the evil reptiles of Conan infamy. Lizard men are among the better candidates for the 'Noble savage' archetype in D&D.
So, dragonborn are lizardfolk?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads