Unearthed Arcana New UA Paladin and Bard.

There's a new Unearthed Arcana in town! "The bard receives a new Bardic College feature: the College of Eloquence. Additionally, the paladin gains a new Sacred Oath feature: the Oath of Heroism."
There's a new Unearthed Arcana in town! "The bard receives a new Bardic College feature: the College of Eloquence. Additionally, the paladin gains a new Sacred Oath feature: the Oath of Heroism."

Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 10.13.40.png

Kurotowa

Legend
The Oath of Heroism could fit anywhere in the alignment spectrum, but I'd argue that believing in the idea of Destiny or Predetermination is philosophically lawful on many levels because it asserts the reality is orderly.

I don't parse the Oath as having to embrace predetermination. Not every destiny has to involved predictions of fixed points in the future. It can simply be a matter of being someone with a heap of potential, or being the anointed champion of a particular divinity. And it's really darn easy for someone who's embraced their status as a Chosen One to believe that it puts them above the laws of lesser mortals.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Even gonzo suggests something I don’t think is there, any more so than in the case of “wizard” or indeed, “Paladin”.

Larger than life, then. Not funny at all? The Expeditious Retreat bit is somewhat ironic, but Crawford discussed in the Dragon+ stream that this is unintentionl humor as they wanted the spell for what it does (Speed of Mercury!) not the legacy name.

gyor

Legend
You know 3rd party Greek themed 5e Setting used Barbarian for Herules themed subclasses, but it's interesting the WotC uses the Paladin instead. I like that because it means less overlap.

Remove ads

Remove ads