D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Wander into the magical realm of the Feywild with our latest Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild! Your character can be a member of one of the new D&D races: fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, or rabbitfolk. Which will you choose? Playtest now: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthedarcana/folk_feywild

Wander into the magical realm of the Feywild with our latest Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Your character can be a member of one of the new D&D races: fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, or rabbitfolk. Which will you choose?

Playtest now:

45029A1A-E1B6-4BBD-93DB-33A363112735.jpeg

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Do you happen to remember what their stats were for 4e? Because they sound pretty cool.
I never played 4e, but based off of that image and the little understanding of the Wildren that I have, I would imagine that they would typically be rangers, druids, and scout rogues. If they were still doing racial ASIs, they would probably get a bonus to Dexterity and Wisdom, and probably proficiency in Animal Handling.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I never played 4e, but based off of that image and the little understanding of the Wildren that I have, I would imagine that they would typically be rangers, druids, and scout rogues. If they were still doing racial ASIs, they would probably get a bonus to Dexterity and Wisdom, and probably proficiency in Animal Handling.
More or less correct. You can find their stats on the D&D4 wiki. They get +2 wisdom and +2 constitution or dexterity, a +1 bonus to a chosen save, and they count as Fey. +2 skill bonuses to nature and stealth. They have low-light vision (I guess now darkvision) and 3 encounter powers to choose from when they take a long rest. They'd likely be good in most of the primal classes like druids, wardens, and seekers, as well as rangers and rogues though I'm not sure exactly what those classes use as secondary abilities.

Faolyn

(she/her)
More or less correct. You can find their stats on the D&D4 wiki. They get +2 wisdom and +2 constitution or dexterity, a +1 bonus to a chosen save, and they count as Fey. +2 skill bonuses to nature and stealth. They have low-light vision (I guess now darkvision) and 3 encounter powers to choose from when they take a long rest. They'd likely be good in most of the primal classes like druids, wardens, and seekers, as well as rangers and rogues though I'm not sure exactly what those classes use as secondary abilities.
I miss low-light vision.

I could see them getting advantage versus poison, maybe lifting strength because trees are strong, either stealth in particular environments (I should hope that there would be Wilden for each type of enviroment that could reasonably have trees in it) or the False Appearance trait, the ability to speak to plants and animals like firbolg can, and maybe free druidcraft. I have no idea if they're going to continue dual-typing PC lineages, but these guys could be either fey/humanoids or plant/humanoids.

Eubani

Legend

Wildren​

Racial traits​

• Average Height: 5'6 - 5'9
  • Average Weight: 140-170 lb.
  • Ability Score Bonuses: +2 Wisdom, +2 Constitution or Dexterity
  • Size: Medium
  • Speed: 6 Squares
  • Vision: Low-Light
  • Languages: Common, Elven
  • Skill Bonuses: +2 Nature, +2 Stealth
  • Fey Origin: You are native to the Feywild, so you are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin,
  • Hardy Form: Choose Fortitude, Reflex. or Will. You gain a +1 racial bonus to that defense.
  • Nature's Aspect: Whenever you complete an extended rest, choose one of the following aspects of nature to manifest.
    • Aspect of the Ancients: You can use the voyage of the ancients power while you are in this aspect.
    • Aspect of the Destroyer: You can use the wrath of the destroyer power while you are in this aspect.
    • Aspect of the Hunter: You can use the pursuit of the hunter power while you are in this aspect.
Voyage of the Ancients (Wilden Racial Power)
You vanish and leave a bewildered foe in your wake

Encounter + Teleportation
Free Action Personal
Trigger: You hit an enemy with an area or a close attack
Effect: You teleport 3 squares. Choose a single enemy you hit with the attack. You and one ally you can see gain combat advantage against that enemy until the end of your next turn.

Wrath of the Destroyer (Wilden Racial Power)
Your destroyer aspect responds to an attack with deadly force
Encounter
Immediate Reaction Personal
Trigger: A bloodied enemy attacks you or your ally adjacent to you
Effect: You either make a melee basic attack against the triggering enemy or charge It. If your attack hits, the enemy Is also dazed until the end of your next turn.

Pursuit of the Hunter (Wilden Racial Power)
Your prey tries to manuever away, but there is no escape.

Encounter
Immediate Reaction Personal
Trigger: An enemy within 1 squares of you moves on its turn
Effect: You shift 3 squares. Until the end of your next turn, you deal 1 d6 extra damage to the triggering enemy when you hit it, and you Ignore the -2 penalty to attack rolls for attacking it when It has cover or concealment.

Remove ads

Remove ads