D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Wander into the magical realm of the Feywild with our latest Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild! Your character can be a member of one of the new D&D races: fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, or rabbitfolk. Which will you choose? Playtest now: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthedarcana/folk_feywild

Wander into the magical realm of the Feywild with our latest Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Your character can be a member of one of the new D&D races: fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, or rabbitfolk. Which will you choose?

Playtest now:

45029A1A-E1B6-4BBD-93DB-33A363112735.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Some recent Owlfolk art from Wizards of the Coast:

1616713464062.png

1616713476819.png

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
Shouted my "Keep going with flight + heavy armor because owls big" back into the void because owls are still heavy lifters. Light fliers I can see having the problem, but not, y'know, stuff that regularly carries prey

But yeah, I think everyone's fairly unified on the rabbitfolk jump being not too good

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I strongly suspect Question 4, How important is your choice of race option during character creation to you? , is a very important question for the future direction of the game.
probably for the best.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I strongly suspect Question 4, How important is your choice of race option during character creation to you? , is a very important question for the future direction of the game.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I put "Very Important" there. There's a huge difference for me when I roleplay a Kobold Artificer and a Dwarf Artificer.

Scribe

Legend
I don't know about the rest of you, but I put "Very Important" there. There's a huge difference for me when I roleplay a Kobold Artificer and a Dwarf Artificer.
That it's even a question is a wild disconnect from how I look at the game, and makes me more confident I want nothing to do with the direction they are taking it.

Chaosmancer

Legend

Same, but I hope that was what they were asking.

Because while I'll play them differently, it isn't that the mechanics are super important

Remove ads

Remove ads