D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Heroes of Krynn Revisited

WotC's Jeremy Crawford has announced a new Unearthed Arcana article today with redesigns from the prior Heroes of Krynn UA based on feedback, and in the following video he discusses that feedback and what's in the article: New iteration of Kender based on feedback survey, due to mixed response. This time is a back to basics, aiming to capture 1E AD&D fearlessness, curiosity and taunting...

WotC's Jeremy Crawford has announced a new Unearthed Arcana article today with redesigns from the prior Heroes of Krynn UA based on feedback, and in the following video he discusses that feedback and what's in the article:
  • New iteration of Kender based on feedback survey, due to mixed response. This time is a back to basics, aiming to capture 1E AD&D fearlessness, curiosity and taunting skills. Delve into their origins from Gnomes in deep history.
  • Kender are no longer fey creatures who grab objects from the Feywild
  • Tweaked Feats from prior article
  • Tweaked Backgrounds from prior article
  • Brand new rule giving a list of free Feats for ANY Background
  • Free Feat rule for Level 4 for all characters that doesn't take the ASI away, based on a curated list
  • Reveals that in the Adventure, healing magic is already back.

Scribe

Legend
Is it now the Ambitious Black Moon that only those who strive for greatness can see?

94f7a441-bf2d-46fb-a7b6-9bd6137f86d9.jpg

Scribe

Legend
I never said Alignment does not matter, but what it says is that Red Robes see themselves as the maintainers of “The Balance Between All Things.”
No, you arent saying it, but Wizards is. Red Robes are nonsensical if Black Robes can be Good, and White Robes can be evil.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
No, you arent saying it, but Wizards is. Red Robes are nonsensical if Black Robes can be Good, and White Robes can be evil.
It would be hard for white robes to be evil.

"You chose the moon Solinari to influence your magic, and your oath to use magic to make the world a better place..."

Changing the black moon to ambition instead of evil was silly and if I ever run Dragonlance, will be changing it back.

Faolyn

(she/her)
I'm sure you are not alone, we will never agree, but rest easy there are people who clearly have no issue with a black robe being Lawful Good.
Do you really think that there will be a lot of non-evil Black Robe characters out there? Or more to the point, do you really think that there will be enough non-evil Black Robe characters that it will negatively affect your game?

Scribe

Legend
Do you really think that there will be a lot of non-evil Black Robe characters out there? Or more to the point, do you really think that there will be enough non-evil Black Robe characters that it will negatively affect your game?
Certainly wouldnt affect my game, as I'd never allow it to happen. :D

They'll all be non-evil. Players loooove to play against type.

I mean, who saw a non-good Drow PC after Drizzt?

Why?
The new system seems to be, become a Black Robe if you desire to pursue your own ambitions above all else, you become a White Robe if you want to become a benevolent protector of the people, or a Red Robe if you desire to maintain the Balance of All Things.

Remove ads

Remove ads