D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Heroes of Krynn Revisited

WotC's Jeremy Crawford has announced a new Unearthed Arcana article today with redesigns from the prior Heroes of Krynn UA based on feedback, and in the following video he discusses that feedback and what's in the article: New iteration of Kender based on feedback survey, due to mixed response. This time is a back to basics, aiming to capture 1E AD&D fearlessness, curiosity and taunting...

WotC's Jeremy Crawford has announced a new Unearthed Arcana article today with redesigns from the prior Heroes of Krynn UA based on feedback, and in the following video he discusses that feedback and what's in the article:
  • New iteration of Kender based on feedback survey, due to mixed response. This time is a back to basics, aiming to capture 1E AD&D fearlessness, curiosity and taunting skills. Delve into their origins from Gnomes in deep history.
  • Kender are no longer fey creatures who grab objects from the Feywild
  • Tweaked Feats from prior article
  • Tweaked Backgrounds from prior article
  • Brand new rule giving a list of free Feats for ANY Background
  • Free Feat rule for Level 4 for all characters that doesn't take the ASI away, based on a curated list
  • Reveals that in the Adventure, healing magic is already back.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Tweet is on page 9.
That tweet only confirms that the die size changes. It does not merge the pools. It's also good to note that Martial Adept does not create a new pool only usable on the maneuver chosen. It does not have the language that is in the new UA.

The new UA will create multiple pools of dice, but all will be d12s. You'll have the 6 Battle Master dice that are usable on any maneuver you know, and up to 12 more dice usable only on the maneuvers you gain from the Solamnic feats.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Right, the Chaotic Evil benevolent protectors....

/shrug

Its pretty simple, this will be the hill I purchase the book on. They had it right the first time.

For me it was Kender. Glad they sort of changed it back.

Mages we’re going to get bent over one way or another with WotC doing their best to remove alignment. Which is double tough for Dragonlance since it’s hard coded into the world.

No, you arent saying it, but Wizards is. Red Robes are nonsensical if Black Robes can be Good, and White Robes can be evil.
The Red Robes are for the people who don't want to associate with the White Robes, because, in an alignment based scheme, the White Robes are primarily made up of evil people trying to hide their evilness.

The robes were always nonsensical. Here comes the new nonsense, same as the old nonsense.

Mad_Jack

Legend
That tweet only confirms that the die size changes. It does not merge the pools. It's also good to note that Martial Adept does not create a new pool only usable on the maneuver chosen. It does not have the language that is in the new UA.

The new UA will create multiple pools of dice, but all will be d12s. You'll have the 6 Battle Master dice that are usable on any maneuver you know, and up to 12 more dice usable only on the maneuvers you gain from the Solamnic feats.

And the UA also states that the KoS dice only refresh on a long rest, which is different than the regular battlemaster/feat dice.

Scribe

Legend
For me it was Kender. Glad they sort of changed it back.

Mages we’re going to get bent over one way or another with WotC doing their best to remove alignment. Which is double tough for Dragonlance since it’s hard coded into the world.
Eh, I've pretty much 100% given up on their race design anyway. I cannot imagine a more tepid version of Kender than this one.

I was really excited to see Alignment on Feats. Its perfectly logical. Removing it just makes it feel even worse than if it had never been presented as an option.

Is 'Non-Good' REALLY just too much to ask of the players? Really? You just NEED that 'Good Black Robe' option? Whatever.

One more book of I skip to go with the last several.

Eh, I've pretty much 100% given up on their race design anyway. I cannot imagine a more tepid version of Kender than this one.

I was really excited to see Alignment on Feats. Its perfectly logical. Removing it just makes it feel even worse than if it had never been presented as an option.

Is 'Non-Good' REALLY just too much to ask of the players? Really? You just NEED that 'Good Black Robe' option? Whatever.

One more book of I skip to go with the last several.
Just bring up your opinions in the survey.

Remove ads

Remove ads