• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Heroes of Krynn Revisited

WotC's Jeremy Crawford has announced a new Unearthed Arcana article today with redesigns from the prior Heroes of Krynn UA based on feedback, and in the following video he discusses that feedback and what's in the article: New iteration of Kender based on feedback survey, due to mixed response. This time is a back to basics, aiming to capture 1E AD&D fearlessness, curiosity and taunting...

WotC's Jeremy Crawford has announced a new Unearthed Arcana article today with redesigns from the prior Heroes of Krynn UA based on feedback, and in the following video he discusses that feedback and what's in the article:
  • New iteration of Kender based on feedback survey, due to mixed response. This time is a back to basics, aiming to capture 1E AD&D fearlessness, curiosity and taunting skills. Delve into their origins from Gnomes in deep history.
  • Kender are no longer fey creatures who grab objects from the Feywild
  • Tweaked Feats from prior article
  • Tweaked Backgrounds from prior article
  • Brand new rule giving a list of free Feats for ANY Background
  • Free Feat rule for Level 4 for all characters that doesn't take the ASI away, based on a curated list
  • Reveals that in the Adventure, healing magic is already back.

Weiley31

Legend
No, I get it...it just makes KoS Battlemasters almost a must have. I always take pause when there's a significant power jump like that.
I see it more as it helping out with dealing with the "sack of HP" issue that a number of posters have listed as being a problem (despite others saying that things die super quick regardless due to poor action economy).
Also, if you applied the Squire of Solamnia/Knightly Orders backgrounds to NPCs, you can create Martial foes that can add Superiority Die to their attacks too!

(Now to wait to get swamped by everyone saying Backgrounds can't be given to NPCs and other class level to monsters topics.) I don't know, I like the idea. That Tiamat Chromatic Draconian Battle Master Champion sounds like a nice bad guy to fight against.

I see it more as it helping out with dealing with the "sack of HP" issue that a number of posters have listed as being a problem (despite others saying that things die super quick regardless due to poor action economy).
Also, if you applied the Squire of Solamnia/Knightly Orders backgrounds to NPCs, you can create Martial foes that can add Superiority Die to their attacks too!

(Now to wait to get swamped by everyone saying Backgrounds can't be given to NPCs and other class level to monsters topics.) I don't know, I like the idea. That Tiamat Chromatic Draconian Battle Master Champion sounds like a nice bad guy to fight against.
The same could be applied to the Summer of Chaos era and the Knights of Takhisis. A dark paladin with battlemaster maneuvers would be frightening.

Weiley31

Legend
Also: Gishes guys/dames. Gishes. I haven't checked out the Mage backgrounds yet (because I'm on a metaphorical battle master sugar high right now), so I'm not sure if they can take the Knight of Solamnia background.

But Gishes.

Also: Gishes guys/dames. Gishes. I haven't checked out the Mage backgrounds yet (because I'm on a metaphorical battle master sugar high right now), so I'm not sure if they can take the Knight of Solamnia background.

But Gishes.
a bladsinger with full casting plus these bonus feats and taking the feat that already lets you grab a few manuvers... could be good

Parmandur

Book-Friend
How many UAs have had a revision?
Here is what I found, though I think there was a second or even third Artificer try:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads