D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Heroes of Krynn Revisited

WotC's Jeremy Crawford has announced a new Unearthed Arcana article today with redesigns from the prior Heroes of Krynn UA based on feedback, and in the following video he discusses that feedback and what's in the article: New iteration of Kender based on feedback survey, due to mixed response. This time is a back to basics, aiming to capture 1E AD&D fearlessness, curiosity and taunting...

WotC's Jeremy Crawford has announced a new Unearthed Arcana article today with redesigns from the prior Heroes of Krynn UA based on feedback, and in the following video he discusses that feedback and what's in the article:
  • New iteration of Kender based on feedback survey, due to mixed response. This time is a back to basics, aiming to capture 1E AD&D fearlessness, curiosity and taunting skills. Delve into their origins from Gnomes in deep history.
  • Kender are no longer fey creatures who grab objects from the Feywild
  • Tweaked Feats from prior article
  • Tweaked Backgrounds from prior article
  • Brand new rule giving a list of free Feats for ANY Background
  • Free Feat rule for Level 4 for all characters that doesn't take the ASI away, based on a curated list
  • Reveals that in the Adventure, healing magic is already back.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The Free Feat at Level 4/Background Feat with a curated list could also be applied to Dark Sun. The 5E Dark Sun backgrounds could offer the UA Wild Talent feat as part of said curated list to represent one aspect of how Psionics play in the life of Athas.
Yup, and I suspect that this is a test for how the core game may work from 2024 on. If they tie it heavily to Background, I may actually not mind it.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Jeremy Crawford has announced a new Unearthed Arcana article later today with redesigns from the prior UA based on feedback, and in the following video discusses that feedback and what we will see:

• New iteration of Kender based on feedback survey, due to mixed response. This time is a back to basics, aiming to capture 1E AD&D fearlessness, curiosity and taunting skills. Delve into their origins from Gnomes in deep history.
  • Tweaked Feats from prior article
  • Tweaked Backgrounds from prior article
  • Brand new rule giving a list of free Feats for ANY Background
  • Free Feat rule for Level 4 for all characters that doesn't take the ASI away, based on a curated list

Reveals that in the Adventure, healing magic is already back.

Tag me when it lands and I’ll promote this to an article.

Remove ads

Remove ads