D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Wonders of the Multiverse

WotC has posted a new Unearthed Arcana featuring the Glitchling race, the Fate domain, and a handful of backgrounds, feats and spells. In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore D&D character options from across the multiverse. This playtest document presents the glitchling race; the Fate Domain cleric subclass; and the gate warden, giant foundling, planar philosopher, and rune carver...

WotC has posted a new Unearthed Arcana featuring the Glitchling race, the Fate domain, and a handful of backgrounds, feats and spells.

In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore D&D character options from across the multiverse. This playtest document presents the glitchling race; the Fate Domain cleric subclass; and the gate warden, giant foundling, planar philosopher, and rune carver backgrounds. Additionally, a collection of new feats provide links to giants and other primordial forces of the planes, while a selection of new spells highlight the power of fate and chance.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I totally called the psionic problem a while back.

Why do you think they decided to create thr Glitchling instead of just making this the Rogue Modron race?
I think they wanted something that was to modrons what aasimar are to celestials and tieflings are to fiends. Also, if you wanted to be consistent with monster manual stats the axiomatic mind might be a bit powerful, and the disintegrate ability, it could be argued, prevents any form of resurrection.

Personally, I do not like the glitchlings armor ability. Not only is it flat better than the armor of lizardfolk, tortles and other races for who their natural armor is their main shtick, it is also better than the barbarian and monk class abilities. I don't think "is a natural tank" is something I associate particularly with lawfulness.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but the quickened produce flame ability stacks very nicely with class abilities which boost spell damage but aren't limited to once per turn. There are quite a few of these now, I'll see if I can cobble together a quick list: draconic sorcerer, alchemist and artillerist artificer, College of Spirits bard.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics

the second problem can be overcome by putting a setting book, as they do not make books for single classes in this edition.

the first point needs data analysis which they could probably hire or seal one from the parent company as that would not be review bombing the abilities as such but more likely say near constantly in feed back about how psionics is not magic thus they can be isolated and discarded.

Weiley31

Legend
Also again depending on how you rule attacks, that fighter could just keep giving the entire party temp hp for an entire hour over and over again. That seems pretty darn good.
But correct me if I'm wrong, Temporary Hp can't quite "stack" so you'd just be stuck giving everybody just measly 6 Temp HP at most.

I think they wanted something that was to modrons what aasimar are to celestials and tieflings are to fiends. Also, if you wanted to be consistent with monster manual stats the axiomatic mind might be a bit powerful, and the disintegrate ability, it could be argued, prevents any form of resurrection.
The 2e Rogue Modron race never used the same stats as Modrons themselves. In fact I'd say the abilities for the Glitchling are similar in some ways to the 2e Rogue Modron abilities.

You didn't really call it, this has been the general opinion ever since Mystic 1.

Weiley31

Legend
Personally, I do not like the glitchlings armor ability. Not only is it flat better than the armor of lizardfolk, tortles and other races for who their natural armor is their main shtick, it is also better than the barbarian and monk class abilities. I don't think "is a natural tank" is something I associate particularly with lawfulness.
I'm sure the survey will make sure it gets reigned into the standard armor shtick like everybody else does.

Remove ads

Remove ads