D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Wonders of the Multiverse

WotC has posted a new Unearthed Arcana featuring the Glitchling race, the Fate domain, and a handful of backgrounds, feats and spells. In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore D&D character options from across the multiverse. This playtest document presents the glitchling race; the Fate Domain cleric subclass; and the gate warden, giant foundling, planar philosopher, and rune carver...

WotC has posted a new Unearthed Arcana featuring the Glitchling race, the Fate domain, and a handful of backgrounds, feats and spells.

In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore D&D character options from across the multiverse. This playtest document presents the glitchling race; the Fate Domain cleric subclass; and the gate warden, giant foundling, planar philosopher, and rune carver backgrounds. Additionally, a collection of new feats provide links to giants and other primordial forces of the planes, while a selection of new spells highlight the power of fate and chance.

True, but after the amount of Giant related stuff in the previous UA, it feels like something more Giant focused than Planescape is in the works...but this also indicates that Sigil is coming.

Last year they doubled up UA for Fizban's, Strixhaven, and Monsters of the Multiverse together, so this is not necessarily for the same product.
Sure - could absolutely be them doubling up on playtest meterial. I've just had Norse mythology stuff floating around my head for a hypothetical Planescape game/character, so I'm kind of primed to find potential links wherever I can.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The giant stuff is surprising. I think it is likely to separate from the "Planescape" content.

Maybe Kaldheim setting?
Not terribly surprising, since the last UA was all Giant options that looked perfect for a Giant-focused Fizban's type book, as does some of this.

darjr

I crit!
Note in the video they listened and seemed to hear the criticism about fest trees. They said they didn’t intend for them in the future nor have they changed direction. These feat prerequisites are founded in story.

I really don't understand what they're doing with the feats. They seems to be full of very specific stuff that seems like they should be racial and class features. I don't think this makes sense in a splat based game, they feel more like building blocks from a game where you build your characters freely from scratch.

darjr

I crit!
I really don't understand what they're doing with the feats. They seems to be full of very specific stuff that seems like they should be racial and class features. I don't think this makes sense in a splat based game, they feel more like building blocks from a game where you build your characters freely from scratch.
It makes more sense if you realize there are story elements these are based upon that have not been released.

Remove ads

Remove ads