D&D 5E New WotC Survey! Learn About A New D&D Product!

WotC has launched a new survey about the future of D&D. This survey includes an NDA (which some people have not taken to well!) halfway through, which asks you not to talk about the survey on pain of being tracked down and fined, but it's about an upcoming (unannounced) new D&D product. You can find out what it is by taking the survey (or it's all over social media aready).

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
I can't remember exactly what it said, but from my recollection there wasn't any legal agreement. Didn't they just ask you to promise not to tell?
Pretty much

To my 'weary from the endless roads of the Internet' eyes it looked like it was a "Alright all you media lot, don't go spilling the beans on this" type of thing aimed at more your Youtubers. There also was a fair amount of questions about where folks get news from so, suspect that's who it was targetting

see

Pedantic Grognard
The video didn't play on my oddball web browser, so I re-took the survey (probably with somewhat different answers) on Chrome, and after the video played and they asked me if I was able to view it, they didn't ask me any more questions.

Omand

Hero
Interesting that people say the Discord questions seemed to trigger the NDA for them.

I got questions about Discord, and the first one I got was "Have you heard about the D&D Discord Server" (or similar, I forget the exact wording).

I said yes I had.

The follow up question, was "Have you used the D&D Discord Server" (again, or similar because I forget the exact wording).

That one I had to answer no to, as I know about the server, but have never used it.

The survey seemed to maybe glitch at that point, because I then got a series of 5 or 6 questions asking me my opinion about the D&D Discord Server and how it could be improved. The last one had a text box to allow comments rather than just a click the dot scale, and I had to comment that how could I say anything about improving the D&D Discord Server when I told you six questions ago that I have never used it. :)

Wonder if anyone else had that experience?

Cheers :)

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Looks like digital is the direction of travel for Wizards. With the Dungeon Alchemist Kickstarter, the writing was on the wall.

Otherwise, I have no interest in migrating over from Beyond, which is (mostly) functional enough for my purposes. I imagine this is also the case for people who've sunk substantially more money into Beyond products than myself.
Yeah same. I had no issue buying twice with DDB and physical copies. Buying a second set of digital copies is not gonna happen.

Remove ads

Remove ads