New XP System

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The new XP system works much like the old one, but it's a little more visible and comes with handy charts to help you find awesome content. You can give XP by clicking the button at the bottom of each post.

The upgrade also adds another feature I have not implemented, but thought it worth mentioning. It can have multiple buttons (and values tracked). So alongside XP, it could have a "laugh" button. You XP for useful stuff, you laugh for funny stuff. The handy charts then have separate charts for the funniest and the most useful content on the board. There's no limit to the number of things you can have, though I struggle to think of a viable third.

Anyhow. Just a PSA!

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Could you move the "report this post" button to be inline with these buttons? It would be handy to have them all in the same place.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I find the phrase "laughed at this post" to be rather hurtful and off-putting, since it suggests that the person is laughing at you. Please change it to the more friendly "laughed with this post" instead.

:p

diaglo

Adventurer
I find the phrase "laughed at this post" to be rather hurtful and off-putting, since it suggests that the person is laughing at you. Please change it to the more friendly "laughed with this post" instead.

:p

since you rode to Gen Con with me one year i am sure you know what i meant when i clicked the button. :D

dd.stevenson

Super KY
The new XP system works much like the old one, but it's a little more visible and comes with handy charts to help you find awesome content. You can give XP by clicking the button at the bottom of each post.

The upgrade also adds another feature I have not implemented, but thought it worth mentioning. It can have multiple buttons (and values tracked). So alongside XP, it could have a "laugh" button. You XP for useful stuff, you laugh for funny stuff. The handy charts then have separate charts for the funniest and the most useful content on the board. There's no limit to the number of things you can have, though I struggle to think of a viable third.
Does a laugh grant xp as well? Can a person's rank go up because their post got laughed at?

diaglo

Adventurer

Anyhow. Just a PSA!

i gave Xp for a mod decision i agreed with. um... was that possible before? if so... now it shows that i did.

Remove ads