D&D 5E New Year speculation thread!

aco175

Legend
I hope the movie doesn't suck like the rest. It appears that the forces that be are putting actual money into it, buit is is still a long ways away.

Quickleaf

Legend
I love the speculation threads. So I'm starting one! With the new year and a couple new books out, that might contain clues to whats in the plan, what do you think is going to happen?

I'd prefer solid guesses but wild theories are fun too, just kinda let us know which your post is.

That feels like the kind of thing I wouldn't know off the top of my head, but rather I would be aware of immediately towards the end of, or after finishing, a project. The adventures have been in the ~256 page ballpark, and the settings have been 256+ pages, but Volo's Guide to Monsters was exactly 224 pages.

Maybe another monster book awaits us in the New Year?

I'm thinking they are going to synergize a DL setting book with a separate Volo's-style dragon book. They could try to squeeze both into one book, but that would probably be a mess from what all would need to be in and all that would need to be cut. Better have a full setting book in the style that's worked before, and a full dragon book as well for similar reasons.

Tasslehoff's Guide to Dragons anyone?

Book about psionic powers as a prelude of the revival of Dark Sun.

Planar handbook and modules about planes. Practically the return of Planescape throught the back door. After Baldur's Gate III the next one will be a new Planescape videogame.

Iomandra, the homebred Chris Perkin's setting as a reboot of Councyl of Wyrms.

Sequels of Curse of Strand: The House of the Gryphon Hill and Bleak House, the death of von Richen. The next year may be a compilation of the modules about the grand conjuction.

Kaldheim, the new setting of Magic, or maybe Eldraine, the other plane based in faery tales, from Magic to D&D.

More easter eggs about Spelljammer or even Gamma World, or the fraals, the little gray men from d20 Future, as "guest artists".

UA about martial adepts and martial maneuvers, special powers in the middle between at-will and once-encounter. PC races based in Asian cultures, for example dragonborn with lung (imperial dragons) as ancestors, shens as little brothers of the dragonborns, korokoburu as little humanoids with hats by leaves as traditional clothing (an cultural icon), tsukukogami as new PC race of living constructs about old objets whose "soul awakes up". Other new PC race will be the dokkaebi, as faes cousins of the tielflings.

News about a new future videogame adapting Dragonlance, and a videogame based in a fusion of Gamma World and "hasbroverse".

In the next April's Fool a new PC race, a half-cybertronian symbionts, the cyberpartners, for those naughty pervents who miss Transformers-kiss players line. But this time will be something allowed for all audences, and the magical-girls enoughly covered and dressed.

Tasha's Cauldron had art depicting Azalin from Ravenloft, and "Guildmaster" (not Factol) Rhys from Planescape. So it could be one those 2 settings. The Unearthed Arcana from a few months ago with the College of Spirits Bard and the Undead Patron Warlock suggests something Ravenloft themed might be coming.

Remove ads