D&D 5E NewbieDM Posts Avernus Previews

NewbieDM on Twitter has received an early copy of Descent Into Avernus from WotC, and has been busy posting photos of the book. Lot of images of the interior. I've posted a handful below, but check his Twitter stream at the link for many, many more.
NewbieDM on Twitter has received an early copy of Descent Into Avernus from WotC, and has been busy posting photos of the book. Lot of images of the interior. I've posted a handful below, but check his Twitter stream at the link for many, many more.

EDt8zqRXkAQdOJ0.jpg

EDt_TIcW4AA10jA.jpg

EDuNaOaWsAMmVWL.jpg

EDuaqc5XkAEGH8C.jpg

EDuquBPXkAEE13S.jpg

EDurX_EXkAEGYHL.jpg

Good news: Tiamat stat block. Bad news: They still list her as Chaotic Evil. Unless they really meant to change her alignment, they needed to fix that. I suppose she will also be listed as Chaotic Evil in the single-book combined reprint of Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Good news: Tiamat stat block. Bad news: They still list her as Chaotic Evil. Unless they really meant to change her alignment, they needed to fix that. I suppose she will also be listed as Chaotic Evil in the single-book combined reprint of Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat?

I've heard the WotC guys refer to Tiamat as CE out loud in the past few years, so it's a permanent condition.

PabloM

Adventurer
The first thing I thought when I saw the "Everyone's Unhappy" title was in the reaction of these forums when WoTC or Paizo announce something: D.

Seriously, I have to confess that this adventure was gradually winning my heart. I didn't like it too much at first, but what they have shown is very good.
And I LOVE Tiamat. As they say above, it´s good they keep their stats as in Rise of Tiamat.

dave2008

Legend
That is intentional. There is mention of her being chaotic evil in MtoF as well (mention that she is the square peg in the Hell's lawful evil round hole). My guess they made the change to align her more with the Tiamat of myth? A mistake, IMO, if the only thing you do is change her alignment.

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
This is looking to be absolutely fantastic! Everything about the book looks stunning.

Oh, for those who were a bit disappointed with the slim pickings we were seemingly getting with the included bestiary, like I was, have no fear, there are quite a number of statblocks scattered throughout the book (with a few reprints).

Remove ads

Remove ads