D&D 5E NewbieDM Posts Avernus Previews

NewbieDM on Twitter has received an early copy of Descent Into Avernus from WotC, and has been busy posting photos of the book. Lot of images of the interior. I've posted a handful below, but check his Twitter stream at the link for many, many more.

NewbieDM on Twitter has received an early copy of Descent Into Avernus from WotC, and has been busy posting photos of the book. Lot of images of the interior. I've posted a handful below, but check his Twitter stream at the link for many, many more.

EDt8zqRXkAQdOJ0.jpg

EDt_TIcW4AA10jA.jpg

EDuNaOaWsAMmVWL.jpg

EDuaqc5XkAEGH8C.jpg

EDuquBPXkAEE13S.jpg

EDurX_EXkAEGYHL.jpg

10 Spells per day. She has Charisma 30. And there would also be nothing stopping her from taking multiple of the same spell, or using upcasted versions of weaker ones.
Um, in the photo of her stat block her Charisma is listed as 28, not 30. That gives her a bonus of +9, hence 9 spells per day. I checked and that matches her Charisma score in Rise of Tiamat, and I don't expect it to change for the upcoming reprint. Agreed about the rest of what you said, and note that, by my understanding, since there's no prohibition against choosing the same spell or choosing all nine to be 9th level, she could cast Wish nine time a day if she so chose... :]

Um, in the photo of her stat block her Charisma is listed as 28, not 30. That gives her a bonus of +9, hence 9 spells per day. I checked and that matches her Charisma score in Rise of Tiamat, and I don't expect it to change for the upcoming reprint. Agreed about the rest of what you said, and note that, by my understanding, since there's no prohibition against choosing the same spell or choosing all nine to be 9th level, she could cast Wish nine time a day if she so chose... :]
Weird I thought her Charisma was 30. Anyway. When I used Tiamat I gave here Several Meteor Swarms allowing her to Rain Devastation on pretty much any location she wanted.

Remove ads

Remove ads