news scoop: insider account of how the statement was drafted, and the fear-based culture in Wizards offices

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
Until this is confirmed by other independent sources and specifically by Linda Codega, assume it's false and ignore.
to wit:
1673981658795.png

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Wow, it’s amazing how a few snarky foxy ENWorlders, can (temporarily?) evoke a souring of my view of ENW News community as a whole.

Dang folks, the OP was just a pretty simple news scoop. Morrus’ crack team of newshounds are welcome to do with it as they will.
I mean...to be fair...from what I've seen of these leaks and ENW's "coverage" of it...it mostly comes down to people posting information and if Morrus feels the desire he will edit the post so it's under his name instead of the OP. Sometimes the OP will be edited a few times to add additional information to it, but not always. And that seems to be the extent of the "news" on the site.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I'm guessing that I'd make anyone a terrible employee in the long run, being that I've been self-employed or operated my own businesses since 1988. The last time I was "managed" was from 83 - 87, while in the US Army. I can work well with other people, but I don't work well with "idiots" or anyone over my head who doesn't know what their doing. If I worked at WotC, I doubtfully would last very long, likely the first employee to be fired. And because I am a successful self-employed person, I don't have the security issues that most employees have regarding their jobs, so I never fear loosing my job, if I do, I'll find something else no problem. If a job doesn't work for me, I'm gone, I won't stay at any company where I don't feel like I'm a good fit. If I detected political or other situation, like a fear-based culture. I'd say no, thank you, clean out my desk and move along without regret nor worry of any kind. I would just never work at Wizards of the Coast, Paizo, nor any major RPG concern. I've done plenty of freelance work for Legendary Games, and if they had a permanent position open, I'd consider it - I have long experience working with that company. But in the end, I don't require, nor desire employment of any kind. I will continue to self publish until I'm dead or physically incapable to do the work, which won't be for decades, hopefully. I'm not young - I just turned 60 yesterday.

Remove ads