news scoop: insider account of how the statement was drafted, and the fear-based culture in Wizards offices

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
As I was saying in another thread, you people pay way too much for your coffees...
I, personally, don't drink coffee. I'm a tea person. Which is why I had to research the price of a Starbucks Venti.

But, we might note that a Venti is 24 ounces. I don't know how big the coffees on that menu are to compare. If they are an actual cup, then the prices are similar.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I, personally, don't drink coffee. I'm a tea person. Which is why I had to research the price of a Starbucks Venti.

But, we might note that a Venti is 24 ounces. I don't know how big the coffees on that menu are to compare. If they are an actual cup, then the prices are similar.
I think that if you drink 24 ounces of espresso you might have a heart attack... :p

P.S.
All of this is meant to be tongue-in-cheek and not a serious comparisons of prices between different products, in different countries :)

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
But you've got to feed the hype train while people still care!

Hey, by the way.... we're still linking to TWITTER?????

I thought I heard something about someone at Twitter doing all sorts of bad stuff to their employees. Like firing them with a promise of severance, and then ... wait for it ... REFUSING TO HONOR THE CONTRACT.

Any outrage about that? Can we stop linking and giving any impressions to that company? For more actual, demonstrated, non-hyped harm to real people?
I mean, yeah, Twitter is awful, but if it’s where the news is breaking, it’s where the news is breaking. We can certainly suggest to the people breaking it that they use some other outlet instead, but if we want to stay informed we’ve got to go where the news is.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I mean, yeah, Twitter is awful, but if it’s where the news is breaking, it’s where the news is breaking. We can certainly suggest to the people breaking it that they use some other outlet instead, but if we want to stay informed we’ve got to go where the news is.

I gotta say, all of these defenses of various things I've been reading remind me a lot of a friend back in the day who used to say, "Yeah, I know that place is awful, but where else am I going to get that yummy chicken sandwich?"

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I gotta say, all of these defenses of various things I've been reading remind me a lot of a friend back in the day who used to say, "Yeah, I know that place is awful, but where else am I going to get that yummy chicken sandwich?"

Unfortunately, when you go to the food court, you don't get to choose where everyone else goes for lunch.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
But it is quite natural, is it not? There are also many here criticizing WotC but saying they like D&D products and so will keep buyng them. Not what I'm going to do, but still a reasonable stance, IMHO.

Remove ads