Next Robert Jordan book announced!

Pants

First Post
CoT Spoilers below

The next in Robert Jordan's successful, multivolume series, The Wheel of Time, will be entitled Still at the Crossroads of Twilight. Here is an excerpt from the book's jacket:
In the tenth book of The Wheel of Time from the New York Times #1 bestselling author Robert Jordan, the world and the characters still stand at a crossroads, and the world slowly approaches twilight, when the power of the Shadow grows slightly stronger.
Still fleeing from Ebou Dar with the kidnapped Daughter of the Nine Moons, whom he is fated to marry, Mat Cauthon learns that he can neither keep her nor let her go, not in safety for either of them, for both the Shadow and the might of the Seanchan Empire are in deadly pursuit.

Perrin Aybara still seeks to free his wife, Faile, a captive of the Shaido, but his only hope may be an alliance with the enemy. Can he remain true to his friend Rand and to himself? For his love of Faile, Perrin is willing to think about selling his soul.

In Andor, Elayne Trakland still fights for the Lion Throne that is hers by right, but enemies and Darkfriends surround her, thinking about plotting her destruction. If she fails, Andor may fall to the Shadow, and the Dragon Reborn with it.

Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn himself, has cleansed the Dark One's taint from the male half of the True Source, and nothing has changed. Really, nothing has changed. Believe me! Now, Rand must gamble again, by doing absolutely nothing.

Oh yeah and Egwene got captured. Big whoop.

Also announced is a short novel prelude to the series titled Slightly New Spring. The short novel will include an all new 115 pg prologue to the story in the character Moiraine eats some biscuits and complains about men. Slightly New Spring will be released in June as a hardcover for $559.99. Included with Slightly New Spring will be a VHS tape of writer Robert Jordan laughing at you as he rolls in a giant pile of money.

:D

Last edited:

The Fool

First Post

HAHAHA

Well said :)

Im glad i didnt get sucked in to all his hype...
I borrowed a friends first book in the series and after
100 pages or so, i told my friend if i wanted to read 'LOTR'
I will read 'LOTR'.

I got given Terry Goodkind for a present, and i had to laugh
out loud after 40 pages or so, that people really go out and
pay for this schlock :)

It felt like TG was talking to me like i was a ten year old child.
Nothing in what he wrote captured me and his world is so
utterly crap its not funny :D

Why are these two schlocks still having thier books bought when they are so filled with little talent in the written word department?

I read somewhere also that TG will keep his story going as long as his fans keep buying his books?

So he virtually admits that he is just in it for the money with no
thought to the story or character development or anything...

What a hack...

I dont know which of these two bozzo's is worse :rolleyes:

The Fool

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Re: ...

The Fool said:
I read somewhere also that TG will keep his story going as long as his fans keep buying his books?

Sometime last year Terry Goodkind signed a new contract for another 3 books to take his series to 10. It is supposed to end there but you never know, his contract could get extended.

jdavis

First Post
Should I rant in yet another Wheel of Time thread?................It's just so tempting. Shoould I give my opinion on his one and a half star book or just send people to the Amazon reviews? Should I point out the font difference between this book and Fires Of Heaven? Should I point out that big plot holes, like Perrin being able to travel anywhere in the world but has to go to a town that is close to get supplies, or why is he willing to sell his soul for help but not go ask his best friend for help? Should I ask the question once again, why was the much anticipated meeting between Rand and Logain glossed over but a Elayne's bath got a whole chapter? Should I again ask the question, why was Egwene's chapters mostly drawn out crap, but the last chapter rushed through to her being captured? Should I re-ask the question, what did Matt actually do in the book besides flirt and ride a couple of weeks down the road? Should I repeat the question, why is this idiot ass doing pre-quil books when he hasn't finished the series yet?

Well I guess I did it again, man that book made me mad.

They need to put up some streetlights at the Crossroads of Twilight and maybe a roadsign to show which way the plot went, there seem to be a lot of characters loitering around there.

jdavis

First Post
You mean like the fact that Fires of Heaven has almost 800 pages and Crossroads of Twilight has almost 800 pages, but Fires of heaver has 50 something chapters and Crossroads has 30 chapters, the only thing that is different is that the font size in Crossroads is twice as big as Fires. The reason that Crossroads seems like it's only half a book is because it actually is. Look I'm ranting again.....

I used to be a big fan, heck I defended Path of Daggers, but Crossroads of Twilight was a joke, it was just a filler book designed to stretch things out, no telling how much money he has made of of that book already, and it wasn't even a half hearted attempt by him.

KnowTheToe

First Post
You can't walk away without at least a single word of difust! Observe

Icky! or Lame! or Tired! or Fricken piece of Dookie!

Please, you must contribute a little.

Dreeble

First Post
Big Statues

Heya:

The last Wheel of Time book I read had a scene where there were these big (really big) statues buried in the ground up to their necks. Anyone recognize this and can tell me which book that was from? I seem to recall reading the first three and only then recognizing the unending plan.

Thanks,
Dreeble

RyanL

First Post
Since I've bashed Jordan enough, I'll take this opportunity to say that I, too, thought Goodkind was complete crap. I couldn't force myself to read more than a few chapters of The Stone of Tears or whatever it's called.

-Ryan

Remove ads