NHL Stanley Cup 2011

I'll be rooting for whoever is playing against the Red Wings or Blackhawks.
What can I say, I'm a Division loyalist. :)
And in the event of them playing each other, I hope the roof collapses.

There's always next year - - GO BLUES!!!!

Boregar

First Post
What are these 'playoffs' of which you speak? Doesn't the season always end in April? I mean, I saw my team clearing out their lockers just yesterday. :angel:

On a more serious note, I have a sneaking feeling about the Ducks, and not just because my wife is a fan. Their goaltending is a weak link, but they have great scoring depth, and have been in 'playoff form' for about the last quarter of the season.

But quite frankly, anyone but the Habs (there you go, Cor Azer ;) )...or the Flyers...or the Bruins...or the Wings...or the Canucks...:devil:

Wik

First Post
Well, I'm a Canadian who happens to be a fan of an American team. I'm a pretty big Sharks fan - my avatar here used to be the Sharks logo, even! That being said, I don't think the Sharks are going to win it - they just don't have enough clutch players, and relying on players like Clowe and Setogutchi to win your post season games because Thornton, Marleau, and Heatley can't produce is a pretty poor tactic.

Though if Danny Boyle doesn't score on his own team this year, I'll be happy. :p

I kind of think the Canucks might have it this year, which would be nice, as I live so very close to Vancouver. They just have a very strong offense that is firing on all cylinders, and Luongo isn't being as annoying as he usually is around this time of year. If he can pull of a repeat of the Olympics last year, I'd be happy.

renau1g

First Post
By repeat of the Olympics you mean not implode? He certainly wasn't great, just not bad. Personally him and Nabokov (2 "great" goalies, stats wise) are awesome goalies for the 82 game season, but can't keep it up for the playoffs. It's the Canucks to lose if you listen to the talking heads on TSN/CBC/Sportsnet, but they did play in the weakest division in the league so had many more "easy" games against the last and 2nd last teams in the league.

That said, the Sharks have Logan Couture which should help. I like their offensive set-up, those top 3 plus Clowe's career year, Couture and Setoguchi playing, heck even the cast off Leafs (Wellwood & White) are doing very well.

As a dark horse, I like the Ducks also, but Nashville's going to be a PITA to play against. Buffalo is interesting in the East, Philly could be in big trouble without Pronger...

Banshee16

First Post
Go Habs!!

I suspect they can get past Boston, if Chara doesn't go head hunting again....but I'm not so sure about getting past Philly.

Banshee

Remove ads