Night Court is back after 30 years.

Celebrim

Legend
I'd like to see the cases get wackier tho - they feel like they're playing it a little safe so far and not dipping into the truly absurd.

It's a lot easier to get cancelled these days. Half the jokes of the original like the skits about the continual trials of the hard working but inept immigrants from Eastern Europe or Dan's rampant sexism would not be allowed.

I'm going to have to use that "which of you can keep a secret?" and "Which of you are lying?" lines.
amanda seyfried raise hand GIF

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was definitely pondering the question of what the quality arc of the original was like, but TBH, I can’t recall.

That said, E.3 was clearly the best of the new series thus far. Some good gags. Quotable lines.

It's a lot easier to get cancelled these days. Half the jokes of the original like the skits about the continual trials of the hard working but inept immigrants from Eastern Europe or Dan's rampant sexism would not be allowed.

The old Dan Fielding would have already tried to have a three way with the Judge and Prosecuted, this one has elements enough to be recognizable as Dan, but lacks the old Dan's thirst. Maybe because of his marriage to Sarah.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases