Night Court is back after 30 years.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
And who is Abby's mom if it's not Christine. I'm assuming it's not or they would have said. Didn't she and Harry get together?

I would keep that for two reasons:

1. Dan will have an axe to grind against his friends that will come out now and then in a comedic way. He probably still has a grudge that he was never invited to their wedding.
2. That means she has a half brother to play off of and that could be serious comedy gold.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I was definitely pondering the question of what the quality arc of the original was like, but TBH, I can’t recall..
yeah I cant recall either but it got the Emmy for Outstanding Comedy every year from 1985-1988.
And who is Abby's mom if it's not Christine. I'm assuming it's not or they would have said. Didn't she and Harry get together?
30 Rock did a Night Court episode where Harry and Christine got married - so maybe? In the old show both Dan and Harry declared their love, but that was never resolved. Pity they cant bring Markie Post in for a cameo

The old Dan Fielding would have already tried to have a three way with the Judge and Prosecuted, this one has elements enough to be recognizable as Dan, but lacks the old Dan's thirst. Maybe because of his marriage to Sarah.

30 years is a long time, so maybe he’s older and wiser. Im kinda liking them having a kinder more amiable Dan as Defender

The 3rd episode was the best, I love the growing relationship between Abby and Dan, but episode 4 was the weakest, I get Dan isn't the ladies man he used to be, but it just didn't feel like Dan, I mean at the very least he still had years of experience with women. I get being rusty, but this felt like some who shared very little history with Dan Fielding.

The one highlight of the episode was Dan bonding with Abby, and the Bailiff and Prosecutor unexpectedly bonding.

Remove ads