• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The tumblers were finished, if I remember right, and Shan and Sulannus were talking to the guards who said that extradition and elven vigilantism were technically not legal but nobvody would probably prosecute if you did it)

jkason

First Post
Sounds about right to me. The tumblers were looking to meet back up with Shan and Sulannus to show them their meagre take.

jason

Jolmo

First Post
Checking in. Here's how the old thread ended for Shan and Sulannus:[sblock=RA and Sulannus]*The guard posts is sparsely manned with a few guards on duty in the area.*

"Halt, state your business," one of the guards calls out in greeting to the pair.

---

"We wish to report a crime," Sulannus says, looking past the guard into the post. "Do you have a superior on duty? I'm sure the watch will want our full report, for a woman was attacked and kidnapped before our very eyes."

---

"Another kidnapping?" the guard sighs, "You can give your testimony to the lieutenant then, if you want. Follow me."

*He leads them into the small post to a desk where another guard is filling out some papers.*

"Lieutenant, sir? We appear to have a visitor from the east who claims to have information on another disappearance, sir."

"From the east?" he looks up at the two newcomers and nods, "Ah yes. Greetings, daughter of Sil'derr'an. You have information for me?"

---

Sulannus nods, unconsciously assuming a courtier's posture, with her hands clasping each other and her back straightening.

"As I came to your city, I noticed in an alley what I first thought to be a brawl...but on closer examination turned out to be a fight for survival. An unseen voice cast spells, summoning monstrous beasts, which this warrior..." she indicates Shan, "and several others, fought bravely. At their side was a young woman, unconscious on the street."

"I joined them, but the creatures were too much for us. Though we finished them, they wounded us gravely, and the man who conjured them...a mage who seemed invisible to us...took the woman for reasons unknown. This happened two days ago, we were still too wounded to report yesterday."

Finally she lifts a curious eyebrow. "Has this, or something like it, happened before? And if so, would you consider accepting our aid?" Again she glances at Shan and hastily adds, "Should the others be willing, of course."

---

(My own post is missing. In short: "I am willing and it seemed the others were too. Do you think the same person was responsible for all kidnappings?")

---

*The lieutenant addresses Shan first.*

"Is it the same person? I wouldn't know. There could be one kidnapper who made a few kidnappings, an original who made only one kidnapping with copycats, or even disappearances that weren't kidnappings. We aren't really sure."

*He turns back to Sulannus.*

"An elven vigilante?" he raises an eyebrow, "While our peoples have always been at peace and have been on good terms since our alliance against the northern hordes, you still have no rights to extradition within our domain according to the law. Thus, I don't have the authority to authorise any vigilante actions you would take, none of the guards in the city do...However, if there is really a crazy mage on the loose, I'm sure that were you to take action 'without our knowledge', there would not be many who would call you down for it."[/sblock]How about the character sheets? I have the original version of Shan on disk, does everyone else have their character?

The goody xp from the other thread will have to go to Shan.

Boddynock

First Post
I'm here. Let's get the party back together ASAP, so that we can get on with it.

Jolmo, I've got my copy of Kelloran - just waiting for the RG to go up before posting it again.

And by the way, I am officially downloading a copy of every thread I'm a part of, every time I post!

'Nock

Legildur

First Post
I have my December version of Blunt available, but it lacks the experience points gained from the battle in the alleyway, and his current hit point total as well (I think about 3-4 hit points). But yes, tumbling show had finished for the day with (IIRC) 12cp? And we are now just waiting on Shan and Sulannus to return from the watch.

jkason

First Post
Timing question again: about how long does it take to get from the alley back to the temple meeting place?

thanks,

jason

Shayuri

First Post
Agh...I give up. I am weak, and need guidence.

GM - Can we get a hint? Not about the tracking down of the girl and mage and all. That's good adventuring. But this whole "You're broke and unemployed and there are wolves after you," thing... Are we missing something that should be obvious? Are our brains just collectively failing? It's really starting to strip the polish off the chrome here...

Just thought I'd put in my bid. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads