• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ninja Class from Dragon #274

If he doesn't want to cool ki abilities he's almost better off as a Rogue. The Dragon Ninja is potentially underpowered as is (though, I've never seen someone play the class to prove it), if you removed the ki abilities he'd likley be really weak. So if just playing a Rogue doesn't work for him, maybe a Rogue/Monk or Rogue/Monk/PrC would be good. Shadowdancer would be cool if you replaced the summon shadow ability with a die or two of sneak attack. Or look at the ninja- or monk-style PrCs in various books (Sword & Fist, Complete Warrior, Oriental Adventures and Rokugan have some imeresting ones) and go Rogue/Monk to qualify. That would be what I'd probably do in that situation.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Samothdm said:
Thoughts? He'll be going solo so I want to make sure that he can get by without being too powerful compared to the characters in my other group (who are playing in the same campaign world).

Mostly rogue, and then when he's getting there, revise Ninja Spy from OA. It's a nice class, but Water Walk needs to be re-written a bit.

Alternately, wait for Complete Adventurer. Then see how it's the same Ninja class as was in Dragon.

Brad

Remove ads