• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No combat in a whole session

Henry

Autoexreginated
I usually plan for at least one per session, to appeal to all my players. Sometimes, like recently, I go back to good old straight dungeon-crawls, because the pendulum swings that way, and even the role-players want to get gory from time to time.

fredramsey

First Post
Very rare if at all. My group and I like combat. I'm sure I could do it if I concentrated on it, but I don't think it is that important to my group to avoid combat.

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
It sort of depends. I treat the game like a TV series, and the formula usually includes an action sequence. Sometimes this has come to blows and blades, others have been chasing Minotaur guards around a figure eight until they collided and knocked each other out, a mine cart rollercoaster chase, and a Mission Impossible style Ingenious Zip-Line Escape Before An Explosion With A Vial Of Dangerous Stuff <tm>.

Last edited:

For us I would say it occurs maybe 10% of the time. The most typical reason is that we are dragging around a huge unorganized treasure list and time needs to be made doing inventory, identifying stuff, selling, buying and divvying up. This is frequently a huge pain and takes most of a session. In some cases we have too much encumbrance (even with a bag of holding) and acutally have to figure out what to leave behind (another source of debate). On one hand I dread it, but then I feel foolish complaining about an overly long treasure list. In fact the blame often rests on my character and her maxed out search skill. It does get tedious trying to figure out where every last one of the 20-odd potions you have came from.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads