• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No Hit Dice!? WHAT!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razz

Banned
Banned
What the heck are you really doing to D&D? WotC is the real monster. How the hell am I supposed to convert 4E monsters to my 3.5E games?

You're really trying to screw us 3.5E over that don't ever want to switch to 4E are you? So much for using 4E material for my 3.5E games.

I can't wait to see this game go down the tubes.

DandD

First Post
Why are you still complaining here on the 4th edition message boards? Weren't you going to stay away in protest because D&D 4th edition doesn't interest you?

Also, don't you already have the Monster Manual where the stats of the Barbed Devil is listed in true D&D 3.X-manier?

WhatGravitas

Explorer
DandD said:
Why are you still complaining here on the 4th edition message boards? Weren't you going to stay away in protest because D&D 4th edition doesn't interest you?
Huh? I don't really understand the thread, I fear... Disconnect between content and title? *puzzled*

Cheers, LT.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
Razz said:
I can't wait to see this game go down the tubes.
I understand that you are upset, but you might as well as wish for a magic pony, too. Too many players are going to convert, if only just because it's the New Shiny D&D, for 4e to fail.

Of course, there are also those players who are going to switch because they like what they've seen so far (like me).

4e is gonna make WotC lots o' money... and I'm happy that it will.

Pygon

First Post
Somehow I feel like I'm supposed to agree and yet feel really bothered at the same time.

I also feel like I need to say that you'll find a way to convert 3e to 4e fairly well. But that's been said already elsewhere.

Masquerade

First Post
Razz said:
You're really trying to screw us 3.5E over that don't ever want to switch to 4E are you? So much for using 4E material for my 3.5E games.
Why should WotC be expected to cater to this group? I am really confused by this assumption, and I think it's quite obvious that the issue has nothing to do with hit dice.

Hjorimir

Adventurer
If you could easily convert between 4E and 3.XE monsters/characters, that would indicate to me that there wasn't enough change to justify a new edition. So, again, good move from WotC.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
I expect that Level will fill the same niche that Hit Dice used to, but with a stronger focus on the end result rather than the baseline, so that you don't need to cross-reference it with XP value, CR, or asteriks to find an appropriate challenge.

EDIT: And because it had to be said--in before the lock! :)

Last edited:

jollyninja

First Post
ZOMG THE PUBLISHING COMPANY WANTS TO SELL (gasp) BOOKS! i'M NEVER GONNA BUY IT, NEVER!

Seriously though, this lines up with everything we had heard was coming and yet the sky remains above us. Looks like a usable stat block to me, having the standard information needed for a fight with the creature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads