D&D 5E No Magic Shops!

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Ok, that’s fair, as long as the fix still allows me to prevent someone from quoting me, @‘ing me, or seeing my posts, in addition to preventing their posts from showing up on my screen.

IMO, if we have to choose for some reason between block as is, and ignore as it was, I’m gonna choose block, but I agree that if it can be fixed to not screw up thread counting and thus quote linking, and not block someone from whole threads, it should be. I just view those problems as less of a problem than not being able to fully block someone was.

IME, The ignore function didn’t work, while the block function does, with some bugs. I still sometimes see arguments form people I’ve blocked or who’ve blocked me, but that’s it. If someone wants to log out to see my posts, i will never know. No one is going to constantly log in and out in order to see my posts and shadow reply to them, like they could do without effort before.

That’s reasonable. Personally I’d rather have old ignore than the current block, but if block can be fixed such that it doesn’t mess up post linking, then I think it’s the best compromise.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Being able to respond to someone who has blocked me is a nothing burger.

It doesn’t really matter someone agrees it’s important to be able to fully block someone. It’s important to other people. Being able to reposnd to me if I have blocked you makes the block function a useless joke.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I guess people blocked me before I mentioned that I tend to use the app. If I used it exclusively then I would have no idea people blocked me due to it not integrating properly. Basically, no one is talking about me behind my back.

I did see the effect in the browser. It just meant I had to scroll back a bit. Not that big of a deal although I can see how it would annoy some people.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I've got [MENTION=44144]cbwjm[/MENTION] blocked temporarily just to demonstrate the issue. And yet, I am talking about him "behind his back". How does the current block feature stop me from doing that exactly?

I did the exact same thing as the rest of you. And it doesn't stop people from talking about him. I have discovered that I have been blocked when I have [MENTION=24218]ment[/MENTION]ioned people and the mention doesn't work right in order not to notify them. I still made the comment.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Another great point. Although I do want to add the block feature does make it more difficult to constantly do that to another poster, but still a determined user can do that nonetheless.

As I mentioned in my last post, it doesn't even take determination. I've done it by accident.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
It doesn’t really matter someone agrees it’s important to be able to fully block someone. It’s important to other people. Being able to reposnd to me if I have blocked you makes the block function a useless joke.

Why should you be able to force me to do anything I don't want to do?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Should I quote one of them? Mention them? I literally only know the [MENTION=6699879]Mist[/MENTION]well and [MENTION=1424]Max[/MENTION]person blocked me as well because they mentioned it in the thread. I'm not even actively trying to circumvent the block feature, I just have a tendency to use the app which doesn't seem to integrate with the block function when others block you.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Should I quote one of them? Mention them? I literally only know the [MENTION=6699879]Mist[/MENTION]well and [MENTION=1424]Max[/MENTION]person blocked me as well because they mentioned it in the thread. I'm not even actively trying to circumvent the block feature, I just have a tendency to use the app which doesn't seem to integrate with the block function when others block you.
I thought you said you tried to respect a block you knew about? Is that situational?

Also, viewing in a way that bypasses blocking while enjoying the features that allow you to block others is pretty hypocritcal, don't you think? I do.

Remove ads