D&D 5E No Magic Shops!

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Here is the most important factor, IMO. For many people, a block function that lets the blocked person interact with them or their posts at all makes the site unusable.

Which makes my question of, "Why is it so horrific if someone you ignore responds to a post of yours?" not hyperbole. It would have to be in the neighborhood of horrific to make the site unusable.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Hmm... Are you, doctorbadwolf one of the people I’ve gotten into big disputes with over the use of the general form of “you” instead of the more technically precise but less casual “one”? If so, I think I’ve found the source of our disagreement.

Not unless you were the one nitpicking the usage, or it was long enough ago that it was before I realized how pointless all nitpicking is. I really don’t think we’ve ever had that argument.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
If someone quotes you, it is literally a direct response to you. IT is the same as replying to someone in person while maintaining eye contact and quite obviously directing your reply to them.

No. It's a response to everyone in the group with you as the focus. That's how group discussions work. It's not one-on-one.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Sure, but any normal person being quoted is going to take that as replying to them. General forum behavior shows this day after day.
Case in point: this response was responsed to by many persons not me.

Forum responses are to everyone reading, but may also contained directed responses.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Not unless you were the one nitpicking the usage, or it was long enough ago that it was before I realized how pointless all nitpicking is. I really don’t think we’ve ever had that argument.

Ok. I don’t remember who I had that dispute with, it was a while back. Evidently not you though, so sorry for the mistake.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Case in point: this response was responsed to by many persons not me.

Forum responses are to everyone reading, but may also contained directed responses.

I mean, I never said they were mutually exclusive.

But unless you explicitly say so in the text of your reply, a quoted reply is a reply to the person you’re quoting. Whatever it may also be was always tangential to the point.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Like many things in life...it boils down to how much a person wants/needs to be in control of a situation.

On a separate note, how about those magic shops? :)

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I mean, I never said they were mutually exclusive.

But unless you explicitly say so in the text of your reply, a quoted reply is a reply to the person you’re quoting. Whatever it may also be was always tangential to the point.
As the person being quoted is one of the people participating in the thread, of course it’s a reply to them. Any post on a forum is a reply to everyone participating, which includes anyone who may be quoted in the post.

Remove ads