D&D 5E No Magic Shops!

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I haven't blocked him, I'd be able to tell with the app because his posts would be in spoilers making it easier to scroll past him. Pretty sure he blocked me with the others at the start of the week.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I haven't blocked him, I'd be able to tell with the app because his posts would be in spoilers making it easier to scroll past him. Pretty sure he blocked me with the others at the start of the week.

Hrm. I unblocked you like the next day or the same day since I hate blocking people, but for some reason it didn't take. My bad. Sorry for the accusation. :)

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Yet, despite being outspoken and hardly one to be shy about arguing, I find that I very rarely run into the blocking bug issues. It does happen from time to time, but, honestly very rarely.

In other words, while I might be an annoying idiot from time to time, I’m not so annoying that it causes numerous people to block me.

If your board experience runs into the block bugs multiple times per day, perhaps a bit of self examination might be in order.
Nah, I'm just right and that's hard for some to take. The reflection is needed on the blocking side.

Or, it's trivially easy to imagine how it's someone's fault they were blocked, so let's not play that game.

Hussar

Legend
Nah, I'm just right and that's hard for some to take. The reflection is needed on the blocking side.

Or, it's trivially easy to imagine how it's someone's fault they were blocked, so let's not play that game.

No, I honestly think we should play that game.

You asked the question. I gave an answer. Make of it what you will.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Yet, despite being outspoken and hardly one to be shy about arguing, I find that I very rarely run into the blocking bug issues. It does happen from time to time, but, honestly very rarely.

In other words, while I might be an annoying idiot from time to time, I’m not so annoying that it causes numerous people to block me.

If your board experience runs into the block bugs multiple times per day, perhaps a bit of self examination might be in order.
Here’s the thing, though. I too am self-aware about my bad forum etiquette habits. I try to avoid falling into them, but am not always successful at it. I know I am on a few users’ block lists - I don’t know exactly how many, but I know it must be a relatively small number because very rarely do I see that a thread has a new post in it that I cannot read, and when I do it is almost always from one of two users, one of whom just recently unblocked me, and the other of whom is someone I’m definitely better off not interacting with. There may or may not be others whom I simply don’t notice it with, but it’s a small number of people any way you slice it. Nonetheless, I experience the broken link problem CONSTANTLY.

Like, I totally get and agree with what you’re saying. If you’re on a ton of people’s ignore lists, it’s worth considering that you might be the jerk. Heck, if you’re on anyone’s ignore list, it’s worth thinking critically about your own behavior that may have played a part in getting you there. But there are also other complicating factors. Sometimes people do get blocked for no good reason (case in point, cbwjm has been blocked by multiple people, if only temporarily, because I wanted to make a point, and others followed my example.) And there are more factors involved in how often one experiences the broken link problem. How often do you post? How often do you receive XP, Laughs, and Quotes? What threads do you tend to post in? All of these factors make it a much more complicated issue than “If you experience the broken link problem a lot, it’s your own fault for getting blocked so much.”

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Normally when I see a post that has quoted someone and broken it down to a dozen smaller quotes to respond to each sentence, I skip it. Ain't no one got time for that.
Sometimes it's either that or break it into a dozen different posts, which I'm not about to do.

Broken down into different quotes within the same post is far easier to read than one great big quote followed by one great big response.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Sometimes it's either that or break it into a dozen different posts, which I'm not about to do.

Broken down into different quotes within the same post is far easier to read than one great big quote followed by one great big response.
I find one or two quotes followed by single responses much easier to read. Whenever sentence or two is broken up and responded to, I find it distracting to the point I no longer read them if a response takes it to an extreme.

Remove ads