D&D 5E No next turn, indefiniate effect?

Festivus

First Post
HAHA. This post caused me to realize that death isn't defined in the player's handbook. Well, it doesn't say that dead creatures DON'T get turns. So they do. They are definitely unconscious, because dying made them so.

edit: Btw, Bagpuss, DMs like yours makes me understand why some people believed in eugenics. Not that I agree with them, but I understand.

I don't remove dead creatures from the initiative order until the end of combat. Their turn is just very fast... but if I skip it, the players know it's not a threat any longer... and that isn't something I want. Particularly when fighting something with wights in it (which we have been doing the last couple sessions). Having once thought dead creatures pop back up is a bit of a shock at times.

catsclaw227

First Post
And, aren't effects that expire at the "end of your next turn" simply just full round effects? Look at the quote below about the Delay action.

They don't follow you while you delay, therefore you can't keep them going longer than a full round.

PHB said:
End of Your Turn: You don’t have a normal end of your turn (page 269). Instead, the things you do at the end of your turn happen at two separate times.

End Beneficial Effects when You Delay: At the moment you delay, end effects that last until the end of your turn and that are beneficial to you or your allies. For example, if on your previous turn you stunned an enemy until the end of your next turn, the stunned condition ends. You can’t prolong a beneficial effect by delaying.

End Sustained Effects when You Delay: You can’t sustain a power if you delay. At the moment you delay your action, the “check actions spent” part of the end of your turn occurs. Because you haven’t spent an action to sustain any active powers, sustainable effects end.

End Harmful Effects after You Act: After you return to the initiative order and take your actions, end effects that last until the end of your turn and that are harmful to you. For example, if an enemy weakened you until the end of your next turn, the weakened condition ends. You can’t avoid a harmful effect by delaying.

Make Saving Throws after You Act: After you return to the initiative order and take your actions, you make saving throws against effects on you.

Nail

First Post
--Az
...so we can trace the conspiracy against Bagpuss that far back, at least.....

Interesting....what else will you reveal, poster-whose-name-is-supposedly-azaroth42? ...And what does 42 mean? That many versions of your identity? Or is it the Answer To Everything(tm)?

Remove ads