No Prebuff - Round 1 - Damage Rankings

delph

Explorer
Vhuman - magic initiate (hex or hunters mark) - Wizard. Bonus Action - hex, Action - Magic missiles -> 3d4+3 + 3d6 = 21 dmg and no attack roll. Or am I wrong? And two slots remain for doing it again next two turn.

Last edited:

delph

Explorer
Vhuman - magic initiate (hex or hunters mark) - Wizard. Bonus Action - hex, Action - Magic missiles -> 3d4+3 + 3d6 = 21 dmg and no attack roll. Or am I wrong? And two slots remain for doing it again next two turn.
somwhere I read that hex doesn't stack with Magic Missiles, but hexblade curse does, so it could be 3d4+12 = 19,5 dmg...
But my GM allowed it and I was stacking it together, so I had in 2nd round 3d4+12+3d6...

delphonso

Explorer
RAW, Hex only applies extra damage when you hit with an attack - Magic Missile is straight damage, not an attack roll, so I guess it wouldn't apply. Definitely up for interpretation, though.

Also, I don't think you can cast two spells in one turn.

delph

Explorer
RAW, Hex only applies extra damage when you hit with an attack - Magic Missile is straight damage, not an attack roll, so I guess it wouldn't apply. Definitely up for interpretation, though.

Also, I don't think you can cast two spells in one turn.
Hex is bonus action casting time. And if you can't use hex, you can use hexblade curse +2 dmg to each missile 3d4+9

delphonso

Explorer
From the section "Casting a Spell" in the PHB: "You must use a bonus action on your turn to cast the spell, provided that you haven't already taken a bonus action this turn. You can't cast another spell during the same turn, except for a cantrip with a casting time of 1 action. "

Hexblades curse would be a reliable source of damage then, instead.

Advertisement