D&D 5E No update to Basic today?

Vanye

Explorer
I was hoping for some magic item/monster goodness..

but so far, not a peep

My understanding was that the information would be updated when the adventure was released, and then again when the MM, the 2nd adventure, and the DMG were released.
None of them are out yet officially, that I've seen...

keterys

First Post
The Player's Handbook just hit WPN approved FLGSs, but has not yet officially hit the street (Aug 19th?). It's also not the DMG (magic items) or MM (monsters).

I think you might not want to hold your breath.

Kinak

First Post
I do believe the plan is to update the PDF today, but plans have a way of falling through when you're working on at least two major products and getting ready for a convention halfway across the country.

My suggestion would be, check a few times and be pleasantly surprised if it shows up :)

Cheers!
Kinak

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
Mike Mearls said the plan was to update it when the PHB was in early release(i.e. today) just like it first came out when the Starter Set was in early release.

Earlier this week someone asked Mike Mearls on twitter if it was still coming out on Friday and he said something like "we hope so, but we are in crunch mode for the DMG right now and preparing for Gen Con so there might be a delay"

Evenglare

Adventurer
Mike Mearls said the plan was to update it when the PHB was in early release(i.e. today) just like it first came out when the Starter Set was in early release.

Earlier this week someone asked Mike Mearls on twitter if it was still coming out on Friday and he said something like "we hope so, but we are in crunch mode for the DMG right now and preparing for Gen Con so there might be a delay"

I really hope it does come up today because I'm running a game tomorrow and if it doesn't then I've just screwed myself, and will have to cancel and probably not get to play for another 3 weeks or so since this took a LOT of string pulling around schedules. It's gonna make me pretty mad since they stated that when the PHB comes out I'll be able to completely run a campaign. They also released the rules when the starter set hit the WPN stores, I don't see how this should be any different. Whatever, I guess we will see in a few hours. /rant

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Note that it is technically "in early release" from now until the regular street date of August 19th. If they put up a new Basic any time between now and the 19th, they're still according to plan.

Remove ads