• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nobilis

muhcashin

Explorer
I just bought the new version of Nobilis. I read it, and realized at what point many roleplayers wouldn't be interested by its main concept, its lack of combat, and its vague and ungraspable setting. I truly find with fascinating.

I'd like to know if any of you play it, or even heard of it.

TalonComics

First Post
I think we'll see more UKers on this but I'd really like to take a look at it. I didn't pay much attention to it until one of my customers ordered it (Thanks Joe!).

~Derek

tsadkiel

Legend
I've got the first edition of Nobilis. It's one of those game books which I'll just pull off the shelf and read for fun - the little fiction bits are as good as I've ever seen, and the entire book is a fabulous idea mine.

I'd never actually try to play it, though - I like the system, but it doesn't really fit my still. The organization is messy (though I understand that's been improved in the second edition) and Hollyhock God is the worst term for a GM ever.

spacecrime.com

First Post
muhcashin said:

I'd like to know if any of you play it, or even heard of it.

Haven't played it yet, but it's our hottest-selling RPG book at the moment.

Personally, I've had a ball reading it and am hoping to get in some sessions before the end of the year. It's also having a strong influence on a design I'm working on right now.

cheers,

Remove ads