Nominate your favorite TTRPG podcast of 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

rpg_podcast.jpg

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2021.
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

ribsie

First Post
Many realms!
Actual Play
Link: Many Realms
Reason: Short campaigns and one shots that give a lot of visibility to small indie game, and genuine conversations about how their game is going and how its' emotional stakes are evolving.

ekimlebowski

First Post
Talk
Gaming Perspectives

Link: Gamingperspectives.com
Reason: Saul and Jolene have spent a couple of years talking about gaming from many... uh... perspectives.
They've discussed various rulesets, mindsets, genres; they've talked to game creators, convention owners, and even their own own friends.
Now, granted, Saul's recollection of certain events from back in the day don't match mine, but the conversation is always entertaining and thought provoking.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Actual Play - FIND THE PATH
RIck Sandidge runs his players through several of Paizo's AP's including MUMMY'S MASK, HELL'S REBELS and TYRANT"S GRASP and is one of the most entertaining, emotional, and fun Pathinfder Actual Plays that I've had the pleasure to listen to. It strikes that perfect balance between entertainment and the game without going too far in either direction. It's my Actual Play of choice these days.

Person2902

First Post
Actual play podcast

Theatre of the Mind Players
Theatre of the Mind Players | Linktree

This is a fantastic actual play that plays non-dnd ttrpgs. They blend drama, comedy and mechanics well in their games. They have both one shots, new arcs, and recurring games. In my opinion some of their best arcs in 2021 were their second season of Delta Green, a Mork Borg one shot and they just started releasing a Vaesen arc. You can tell this group trusts each other and enjoys playing together. One of the top actual play podcasts.

charybdis23

First Post
Category: Actual Play
Who: The Old Ways Podcast
Web: The Old Ways Podcast
Why: The Old Ways Podcast features an extensive and growing catalogue of quality character-driven adventures in various compelling settings. The phenomenally talented producer/keeper leads an equally talented, diverse, and inclusive group of storytellers and players. The heart and dedication (and sometimes insanity) shows in every episode from this production's wildly creative and varied scenarios - from Call of Cthulhu to Aliens and Delta Green to the upcoming Coriolis and Vampire the Masquerade campaigns. Highly recommend!

As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

View attachment 147083

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2021.
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

• Red Moon Roleplaying
  • Red Moon Roleplaying
  • ACTUAL PLAY
  • Why: They stay in-character and run games almost completely in the horror category. They support multiple RPG systems and provide vivid story details and keep me on the edge of my driver seat. A Patreon to have a level of access to fans, which provides them with the funds to produce this high quality show of theirs. If you need any other reason why, check out The Black Madonna, 35 hours worth of entertainment.

ryanf

Villager
Red Moon Roleplaying
Actual Play

Why: Provides a level of entertainment that keep you on the edge of your driver seat (as I listen while driving). Staying in character and providing deep PC growth as the stories continue across multiple RPG systems (mainly in drama and horror). Have a wonderful Patreon where we can provide feedback and help them produce wonderful content. If you need any other reason, check out the 35 hours of The Black Madonna. Their back catalogue is HUGE and the produce AP Podcasts weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases