Nominate your favorite TTRPG podcast of 2021

As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year! Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

rpg_podcast.jpg

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2021.
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

Ion

Explorer
ACTUAL PLAY - Dice Shame

TALK - +1 Forward

buttons

Explorer
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

View attachment 147083

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

Nomination for ACTUAL PLAY

Explorers Wanted - a Numenera actual play with a GM and cast that have excellent energy, always make me smile and make me want the next episode RIGHT NOW!!

Akodoken

Explorer
I am also nominating Gaming & BS in the Talk category.

Brett and Sean foster a great community and positive influences. As they have mentioned before, they like to think of themselves as two guys in a bar talking about gaming. Casual and very informative. Always exploring new ideas and discussing input from their community.

Episodes: Episode Archive and can be found on almost all podcatchers of choice

demon_grinder

Villager
Podcast: Gaming and BS
Category: TALK
Site: Home

Another nomination for “Gaming and BS” in the Talk category.

Sean and Brett have consistently produced excellent content for 7 years. They present discussions on a wide variety of TTRPGs as well as insight and conversation on TTRPGs in general, running games, playing in games, and being a positive force in gaming. They have also cultivated a strong and welcoming community of supportive, experienced, and insightful listeners and participants.

GamingandBS.png

Kvltslime

Villager

View attachment 147083

How To Nominate

Previous Winners

Actual play podcast: not another dnd podcast (naddpod)

Morthrai_17

Explorer
Another nomination for Gaming & BS from me. My first instinct was to mention Ken & Robin but they have already won all of the awards so it's somebody else's turn! Home

ambroseji

Explorer
Podcast: Tabletop Talk from Third Floor Wars
Category: TALK
Why: Craig interviews creators and insiders from a wide breadth of the TTRPG industry. These interviews provide amazing insights to the design and inspiration behind some of the best games in the industry. These conversations are casual and natural, but well-thought out well-organized. If have deep thoughts about RPGs, this podcast is for you.

4thstringer

First Post

View attachment 147083

How To Nominate

Previous Winners

Third floor wars has "tabletop talk" podcast, which has the best interviews with rpg and gaming creators I've heard (mainly RPGs). The polish is incredible for what is basically a one man host and production team, with a varying cast of guests. Craig's questions are always so insightful, and both his intelligence and incredible humanity and empathy are on display.

I would also like to nominate for the actual play category his "fear itself" series. .
His feel for the horror genre is killer, and the "Lincoln's Lincoln" commercial was a bit of genius.

derekheath

Villager

View attachment 147083

How To Nominate

Previous Winners

Podcat- Fear of a Black Dragon
Category- Talk

Amazing in depth examination and analysis of adventure modules from The Gauntlet folks. Tends to focus on OSR titles, but plenty of variety and the discussion is generally system agnostic. Fun, useful, and a great way to expand a person’s gaming horizons. Sheds a light on classic adventures while also bringing attention to the most interesting things being released today. Also provides companion materials to enhance the gaming experience and create the perfect mood. Best way to lose yourself in a run a person could ever hope to find.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads