Nominate your favorite TTRPG podcast of 2021

As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year! Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

rpg_podcast.jpg

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2021.
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

The Vintage RPG Podcast (website) for the TALK category. Despite the name, they talk about RPGs old and new, and - contrary to many other podcasts - manage to be both brief (main content episodes is usually between 20 and 30 minutes), but also relate interesting things about the games to their listeners.
There's also an Instagram page, where one of the podcasters shares images and a short opinion piece for games discussed in the podcasts (and a number of other things).

MGibster

Legend
I'll nominate GM Word of the Week.
Category: Talk

They go over specific topics such as historical figures, hot chocolate, events, words, etc., etc., as fodder for people to use to fill out their game worlds.

Bravesteel25

Baronet of Gaming
Podcast: Dungeon Master's Block
Category: Talk

DMB talks about D&D from the perspective of the Dungeon Master and dives into topics such as worldbuilding, mediating party conflict, and including players in the story. My favorite D&D podcast in a sea of actual play productions.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Talk: Fear of a Black Dragon hosted by the marvelous Jason Cordova and Tom McGrenery. FoaBD is a podcast about (mostly) OSR supplements and adventures where the hosts do a deep dive into one book per show. They cover a lot of ground in terms of systems and publishers, which is nice. They also do a great job breaking down each book they do, and the podcast has a lot of useful content in terms of things like how did it play, likes and dislikes, and possible other uses for bits of the text.

Clementtyler

First Post
Talk: The Glitterbois
Everyone talks about 5e, but these two share their decades long love of Palladium and all it’s strangeness. They break down rules, classes, and their own personal journeys through the Megaverse in a easy to approach, fun, and engaging way.

Play: Rude Tales of Magic
The Lampoon of Actual Play Bad accents, silly names, and well timed jokes make it a great slapstick fantasy adventure/immature college romp.

ihilate

Villager
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

View attachment 147083

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2021.
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

Glass Cannon Podcast (The Glass Cannon Network | A couple things are gonna happen…) for both categories, as follows:

Talk: Cannon Fodder, where players and GMs are interviewed about TTRPG gaming and their approaches to it.

AP: New Game, Who Dis? A podcast of three-episode actual plays of a bunch of different systems, including character generation. Gives you a great feel for how a system runs, and is usually hilarious, sometimes heartbreaking. New Game, Who Dis? | The Glass Cannon Network

Yura

First Post
Actual Play Podcast Choice
Not Another DnD Podcast (NADDPod)

Link: www.naddpod.com
Reason: They have just concluded their 2nd campaign and for me it's the most consistently satisfying, emotional, hilarious and addictive 5e actual play out there. How the group just work perfectly together to make a beautiful story and ridiculous bits together combined with exciting and innovative homebrew mechanics made me keep on coming back for so many relisten. The music, editing, side stories (Trinyvale/HotBoySummer) and guest players are all brilliant. It keeps me company during my worst days and thats why its a win for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads