Nominate your favorite TTRPG podcast of 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

rpg_podcast.jpg

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2021.
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

AWBaader

Villager
The Effekt Podcast
Talk: Chat about Free League/Year Zero Engine games as well as TTRPGs in general and occasional guests. The hosts are long time friends and gamers and listening to them banter about the latest games, and how Matthew never lets Dave get a word in, and who is the best GM, is so much like banter around a million tabletops, that you can't help but love it.
The Effekt AP
Play: From the same fellas as The Effekt Podcast. Actual Plays of Free League/YZE games featuring people from the Discord community. Always fun to listen to for the games as well as the friendly banter.

AWBaader

Villager
OOPS, SORRY! Logging in was a faff and it posted twice. Sorry, please delete this
The Effekt Podcast
Talk: Chat about Free League/Year Zero Engine games as well as TTRPGs in general and occasional guests. The hosts are long time friends and gamers and listening to them banter about the latest games, and how Matthew never lets Dave get a word in, and who is the best GM, is so much like banter around a million tabletops, that you can't help but love it.
The Effekt AP
Play: From the same fellas as The Effekt Podcast. Actual Plays of Free League/YZE games featuring people from the Discord community. Always fun to listen to for the games as well as the friendly banter.

Undeaddomain

Villager

Russ B.

First Post
Effekt
Nomination: Talk (they do Actual Play as well)
Why: Entertaining and informative discussion on the topics we all face around the gaming table. Good friends having a yarn- taking the 'P^%%'out of each other (as we all do at the gaming table).
Well worth the time.

Davepaters

Villager
My nomination for Talkie is Orlanth Rex's Gaming Vexes where a group get together to run through a topic and attempt to put the world to rights.
AP is the Effekt podcast - variety of games but particularly liked the series devoted to playtesting the Wild West themed game they're developing.

spezbaby1

Villager
Talk: Plot Points podcast.

AP: Grizzly Peaks Radio

spezbaby1

Villager
Talk: Plot Points podcast.

AP: Grizzly Peaks Radio

As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

View attachment 147083

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2021.
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

Talk - The Vintage RPG Podcast - Podcast – Vintage RPG

Actual Play - Grizzly Peaks Radio - Anchor - The easiest way to make a podcast

Evilyn

Villager
Podcast: Gaming Perspectives
Link: GamingPerspectives
Category: Talk
This podcast is great! Jolene and Saul are not only informative but they are super funny. I really like the easy back and forth chat that makes it enjoyable to listen to and I do not get bored lol. Their voices are also easy on the ears which is definitely a plus :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases