Nominate your favorite TTRPG podcast of 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

rpg_podcast.jpg

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Post your nomination as a reply to this thread.
  • One nomination per person per category.
  • Must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2021.
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
  • Note which category your nomination is in -- ACTUAL PLAY or TALK.
  • PODCASTS, not YouTube channels or Twitch streams.
  • It cannot be your podcast or one you are involved with.
  • Its primary focus must be tabletop roleplaying games.
  • If a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination.
  • Those which have won before are not eligible.
  • Please say why, as we read those comment out on the show.
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Podcast: Modern Mythos.
Category: Talk.
Web: Modern Mythos with Jon & Seth
Why: Jon Hook and Seth Skorkowsky mostly talk about things related to the Cthulhu Mythos and gaming within that milieu, but they also branch out and talk about related topics in other games such as the benefits of character death and writing for the community repositories for D&D, Call of Cthulhu, and Traveller.

PatrickEMcLean

First Post
Tabletop Talk from Third Floor Wars. Craig has comprehensively, enthusiastically and entertainingly been mapping out the TTRPG world by talking to the creators who have built it. Not only does it make you excited to play, he's capturing a history of innovation in the entire field. It's an entertainment and an education all in one.

darkbard

Legend
I nominate Spout Lore in the category of Actual Play. Hilarious improv comedians play Dungeon World... even though the players don't really understand the rules very well (at first). Uproarious entertainment and some pretty inventive play.

Spout Lore

jwmuk

Villager
As December approaches, it's that time of year again -- where we take nominations for your favourite TTRPG podcast of the year!

View attachment 147083

Every year on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast, along with this website, we hold a giant poll to find out what are the most favourite tabletop RPG podcasts of the year. The voting is divided into two categories -- TALK, and ACTUAL PLAY -- and each years, two podcasts win and enter the HALL OF FAME. Once a podcast has entered the Hall of Fame, it is no longer eligible in future years.

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. TALK podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Here are last year's winners -- What Would The Smart Party Do?, and The Unexpectables. Who will take the crown and join the Hall of Fame in 2021?

How To Nominate
  • Include the podcast name (tbe accurate) -- and a LINK to the show's website. If I have to search for it I’ll just move on!
Nominations will be open until Friday December 3rd. After that the shows will be put to the public vote and the winners announced on the Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast.

Be sure to follow the above rules. I’ll only be compiling valid nominations which do so!

Previous Winners
These podcasts won in previous years and are now in the Hall of Fame. They are not eligible this year.

Orlanth Rex's Gaming Vexes for Talk, the absolute perfect combination of knowledgeable chat with designers that get under the skin of all those gaming glitches from the past to the present.

Roll to Save Actual Play for bringing Paranoia back to the masses, which balances slapstick and Sci-Fi dystopian horror with incredible acting and sound, also check out the fantastic history of Paranoia from the same podcast.

Macca The DM

First Post

View attachment 147083

How To Nominate

Previous Winners

Talk - Double DM Pod - Really informative pair with great guests. Very interesting to listen to. Anchor - The easiest way to make a podcast
Actual Play - Dice Drop Evolution - They play Mutants and Masterminds and it is just flying. New DM, new cast members, it's been a blast. ‎Dice Drop: Evolution on Apple Podcasts

Macca The DM

First Post

View attachment 147083

How To Nominate

Previous Winners

Talk - Double DM Pod - Great pair, really informative. Love listening to it and the guests are always good. Anchor - The easiest way to make a podcast
Actual Play - TDice Drop Evolution - They play Mutants & Masterminds. Great cast, new members. Great DM just changed and it is a really entertaining time. ‎Dice Drop: Evolution on Apple Podcasts

Talk - Macca Unchapped, a brilliant new Roundtable Podcast with TTRPG Creators to meet the People behind the Products you see and own. It's a great way to meet awesome creators of TTRPGs, Podcasts, Streams, Art, and a whole lot more centered around Tabletop Roleplaying. It's an unedited discussion that shows how the creators really are.

Link

Adakias

Villager

View attachment 147083

How To Nominate

Previous Winners

Talk: DoubleDM. Emil and Nils host a wonderful discussion about different aspects of DMing, and the guests they bring on have fantastic perspectives that have taught me some great tips about how to DM.

Actual Play: Roll For Romance
A lovely blend of fun and sexy in a D&D package. Roll for Romance has a wonderful, charismatic cast, and the story they’ve told so far has been a delight.

Ligbi

First Post
Actual Play
Dames and Dragons
The cast dynamic in and out of character is sincere and sincerely funny, and the GM's worldbuilding is spectacular

kurara_ara

Villager
Actual Play. Tale of the Manticore. It's a dark-fantasy solo-play B/X adventure that is just so wonderfully-executed. From the first episode and every one thereafter, it's been keeping me on the edge of my seat. The consequences are harsh, the lore is solid and grounded, the characters feel real, and the DM miraculously manages to explain the system rules while keeping the pace of the story, even in combat. I could go on for ages. I'm absolutely enthralled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases