Nominate Your Favourite RPG Podcasts of 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10, and here's 2018. Who will take the crown for 2020?

rpg_podcast.jpg

As always, the podcasts are divided into two categories: ACTUAL PLAY and TALK. Actual Play podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. Talk podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Hall of Fame
Last year's winners were Tablestory (Actual Play) and The Grognard Files (Talk). These two podcasts joined The Adventure Zone, and The Good Friends of Jackson Elias in the Hall of Fame, and are not eligible to enter this year.

How it works
This is the nomination thread. In this thread, anybody can nominate their favourite tabletop RPG podcast in each of two categories (Actual Play, and Talk).

Once the nominations close, they will be compiled and the full (valid) list presented in a poll for public voting.

The Top 10 in each category will be announced first on Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk, and then later posted here to the website.

Rules for valid nominations:
  • podcasts, not videos
  • must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2020
  • the main focus must be tabletop RPGs
  • must not be your own podcast
  • must include a link to the podcast’s web page
  • if a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination
  • say why
  • podcasts in the Hall of Fame are no longer eligible
  • one nomination per category per person only

Nominations open for two weeks, until Sunday 29th November. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

Nominate your favourite by posting in the replies. You only get to nominate one in each category (Talk, Actual Play). Make sure to check the rules above or your nomination may not valid.

Last edited:

dreamwitch

Villager
actual play: quest friends!
why: lovable cast and pcs, an intriguing plot, impeccable editing, a fun, cartoon-like atmosphere, an intentional and enthusiastic approach to representation, and emotional depth that is just as often uplifting as devastating.

tayramone69

Villager
Category: actual play
I would like to nominate Dungeon Punks from Vancouver, BC.
Why: They just finished their first season featuring a travelling punk band where all the party members are bards fighting against various evils. There are lots of goofs and they feature 1-2 songs from local bands during the episode. They also have a knowledgeable DM who rolls with the punches both literally and figuratively.
Check it out:
Dungeon Punks Podcast — Podcasts of Doom

Last edited:

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
Gaming and BS
Category: Talk

It's one of the most fun podcasts to listen to. Banter is great, and the topics they talk about are varied enough from many other podcasts that you get a lot from them. Sometimes, on occasion, you even learn something new by listening to this podcast... Or at least you'll find yourself laughing at all the BS they say. ;)

Stu Popp

First Post
Category: Actual Play
Podcast: Adventure.EXE
Why: Whip-smart comedy with fun characters. The action is fast-paced and rarely drags. The setting (The Roost) is inventive and interesting. Matt the DM creates a variety of creative encounters and the players are agents of chaos that always make unexpected and interesting choices. On top of it all, the audio production is top-notch, a rarity in AP podcasts.

TossTheHalfling

First Post
It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10, and here's 2018. Who will take the crown for 2020?

View attachment 128542

As always, the podcasts are divided into two categories: ACTUAL PLAY and TALK. Actual Play podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. Talk podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Hall of Fame
Last year's winners were Tablestory (Actual Play) and The Grognard Files (Talk). These two podcasts joined The Adventure Zone, and The Good Friends of Jackson Elias in the Hall of Fame, and are not eligible to enter this year.

How it works
This is the nomination thread. In this thread, anybody can nominate their favourite tabletop RPG podcast in each of two categories (Actual Play, and Talk).

Once the nominations close, they will be compiled and the full (valid) list presented in a poll for public voting.

The Top 10 in each category will be announced first on Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk, and then later posted here to the website.

Rules for valid nominations:
  • podcasts, not videos
  • must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2020
  • the main focus must be tabletop RPGs
  • must not be your own podcast
  • must include a link to the podcast’s web page
  • if a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination
  • say why
  • podcasts in the Hall of Fame are no longer eligible
  • one nomination per category per person only

Nominations open for two weeks, until Sunday 29th November. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

Nominate your favourite by posting in the replies. You only get to nominate one in each category (Talk, Actual Play). Make sure to check the rules above or your nomination may not valid.
not valid.
Actual Play: Critical Hit podcast by Major Spoilers
Why: They just finished up a 10-year long campaign in D&D 4e (Void Saga) that was comprised of multiple story arcs of fantastic DMing and PC role playing. In between the seasons of the Void Saga, they adventure into multiple other TTRPG systems, each a wonderful addition of group storytelling at its finest.

a2ndchapter

Tabletop Scotland & Polyhedral Press Overlord
TALK: Creature Club Podcast
Going through the 5th Edition Monster Manual one monster at a time and discussing the history of it through the editions and how best to use it in your adventures.
Really enjoy listening to Dan, Mikey and Tim talk about all the things they talk about. I've used their musings in games I've run on several occasions.
Creature Club Podcast

galthaus

Villager
Category: Actual Play
Link: Dicehaven Actual Play Podcast • A podcast on Anchor
Why: They are having fun telling a story with multiple perspectives and interactions. The GM/DM runs a good story, but lets the players drive story and details. The players have created rich characters with lots of unique differences and fun interactions. Most importantly, I find myself waiting for Tuesday to hear the next episode in the story to laugh and cry with the characters.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Gaming and BS
Category: Talk

It's one of the most fun podcasts to listen to. Banter is great, and the topics they talk about are varied enough from many other podcasts that you get a lot from them. Sometimes, on occasion, you even learn something new by listening to this podcast... Or at least you'll find yourself laughing at all the BS they say. ;)
Second. Had their website copied onto my clipboard to paste into my nom; but I'll just second this one. So I guess I'll nominate someone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases