Nominate Your Favourite RPG Podcasts of 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10, and here's 2018. Who will take the crown for 2020?

rpg_podcast.jpg

As always, the podcasts are divided into two categories: ACTUAL PLAY and TALK. Actual Play podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. Talk podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Hall of Fame
Last year's winners were Tablestory (Actual Play) and The Grognard Files (Talk). These two podcasts joined The Adventure Zone, and The Good Friends of Jackson Elias in the Hall of Fame, and are not eligible to enter this year.

How it works
This is the nomination thread. In this thread, anybody can nominate their favourite tabletop RPG podcast in each of two categories (Actual Play, and Talk).

Once the nominations close, they will be compiled and the full (valid) list presented in a poll for public voting.

The Top 10 in each category will be announced first on Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk, and then later posted here to the website.

Rules for valid nominations:
  • podcasts, not videos
  • must have released at least 3 new episodes in 2020
  • the main focus must be tabletop RPGs
  • must not be your own podcast
  • must include a link to the podcast’s web page
  • if a group puts out multiple podcasts, they are combined into one nomination
  • say why
  • podcasts in the Hall of Fame are no longer eligible
  • one nomination per category per person only

Nominations open for two weeks, until Sunday 29th November. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

Nominate your favourite by posting in the replies. You only get to nominate one in each category (Talk, Actual Play). Make sure to check the rules above or your nomination may not valid.

Last edited:

Syrinx!

First Post
AP: Dice Populi
Why: I discovered this podcast three days ago and I've already listened about ten or eleven hours of it. It's really fun, the guys are great and they really appreciate their audience. I can't stop laughing, and I love how they get surprised when something doesn't go as planned (even the dm). I believe they really deserve this!

Takei

Explorer
AP: Dungeons & Daddies - not a BDSM podcast.
Why? Four dads from this world taking their sons to football (OK, they call them soccer dads but they're American :) ) get transported into the Forgotten Realms. A comedic D&D 5e actual play where the players quite often use magic in the way it sounds, not the way it works and the GM runs very characterful NPCs.

Talk: What Would the Smart Party Do?
Why? A British podcast by gamers/GMs of my age talking about things I can relate to.

I'd like to nominate the Faeforge Academy
(Category: Actual Play)

Why? Before and after a stressful day at work, they 'spirit' me 'away' with them into a world full magic. They help me relive middle / high school days, more fun than they really were. They help me imagine fun friends I didn't have back then. And live an adventurous life a rascal could have, a life I never dared to explore. But foremost they bring sun into my day, no matter the actual weather and no matter all measurements the government orders (regarding Corona). Our social contacts are cut down to a minimum, only got contact with colleagues and students (of my class), my 2 music teachers and my sister. So the extra group of 'friends' really helps me through these days.

I'd like to nominate the Faeforge Academy
(Category: Actual Play)

Why? Before and after a stressful day at work, they 'spirit' me 'away' with them into a world full magic. They help me relive middle / high school days, more fun than they really were. They help me imagine fun friends I didn't have back then. And live an adventurous life a rascal could have, a life I never dared to explore. But foremost they bring sun into my day, no matter the actual weather and no matter all measurements the government orders (regarding Corona). Our social contacts are cut down to a minimum, only got contact with colleagues and students (of my class), my 2 music teachers and my sister. So the extra group of 'friends' really helps me through these days.

Oh, and their actual Podcast episodes are on: Podcast — FAEFORGE ACADEMY

Chokladglass

First Post
Category: Talk
Podcast: The Probably Bad Podcast
This podcast takes bizarre RPG ideas and either turns them into something playable or, at least, something hilarious. A heartfelt podcast that always cheers you up. Featuring wacky creations such as Tarrasque Dad, Metaghosts and Were-Horse.

Nicole Thoen

Villager
Category: Actual Play
Podcast: Why Can't We Be Wizards?
Why: Charming, creative, incredibly well produced actual play podcast. Uses a fate system based Harry Potter themed RPG. The players definitely have fun playing together and are comfortable enough to push each other out of their comfort zone. The world needs more content like this.

Chessfreak132

First Post

The Bardic College - I’m listening to their Cthulhu in Cairo series and I love their energy. They’re all obviously experienced, there’s no dead air while people figure out what they’re going to do. The RP between characters is quite diverse and fun to listen to. I especially enjoy the Keepers use of actual real world history within his story.
It’s that time of year again! Nominate your favourite RPG podcasts of 2019. As a reminder, here are last year’s Top 10, and here's 2018. Who will take the crown for 2020?

View attachment 128542

As always, the podcasts are divided into two categories: ACTUAL PLAY and TALK. Actual Play podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. Talk podcasts include interviews, reviews, discussion, opinion, advice and news.

Hall of Fame
Last year's winners were Tablestory (Actual Play) and The Grognard Files (Talk). These two podcasts joined The Adventure Zone, and The Good Friends of Jackson Elias in the Hall of Fame, and are not eligible to enter this year.

How it works
This is the nomination thread. In this thread, anybody can nominate their favourite tabletop RPG podcast in each of two categories (Actual Play, and Talk).

Once the nominations close, they will be compiled and the full (valid) list presented in a poll for public voting.

The Top 10 in each category will be announced first on Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk, and then later posted here to the website.

• podcasts, not videos
  • say why

Nominations open for two weeks, until Sunday 29th November. The poll will come shortly thereafter. The results will fittingly initially be announced in our podcast and posted here as an article later.

Nominate your favourite by posting in the replies. You only get to nominate one in each category (Talk, Actual Play). Make sure to check the rules above or your nomination may not valid.

View attachment 128542

Hall of Fame

How it works

• podcasts, not videos
  • say why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases