Nominate your MOST ANTICIPATED RPG of 2020

As I do every year, I'm taking nominations for the MOST ANTICIPATED RPG poll for 2020. Here is last year's Top 10 (spoiler: the winner was Savage Worlds Adventure Edition). Previous winners include 13th Age (2013), Star Wars Force & Destiny (2015), Rifts for Savage Worlds (2016), Trudvang Chronicles (2017), and Vampire: the Masquerade 5th Edition (2018). What will be the most anticipated RPG of 2020?

We do this at the end of every year, and have done for several years now! Here's how it works:

We start with a nomination stage. That's this thread. You may nominate any standalone tabletop RPG due to be released to the general public in 2020. All nominated games will appear on the final ballot. A few rules:
  1. It must be a standalone tabletop RPG, NOT a supplement, setting, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. If there is a QuickStart version, or a preview, it’s the full release that counts.
  2. It must be due out to the general public in 2020.
  3. It must be nominated by at least one person in this thread. Simply post the name of the game and the name of the publisher below to nominate it.
  4. Nominations will remain open for two weeks, until January 4th. Voting will take place shortly thereafter.
  5. Not your own game or one you’re affiliated with.

1064141D-9D20-4957-9E64-C1D0A50C26FE.jpeg

Last year's winner was Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (pictured above). You can see last year's top 10 here. Sometimes products make it into the list in more than one year; what can I say? Product schedules slip!

113th AgeStar Wars Force & DestinyRifts for Savage WorldsTrudvang ChroniclesVampire: The Masquerade 5th EditionSavage Worlds Adventure Edition
2NumeneraDeluxe Exalted 3rd EditionMutant Crawl ClassicsTales from the LoopWarhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth EditionPathfinder 2nd Edition
3Star Wars Edge of the EmpireUnified Rolemaster7th Sea 2nd EditionKult: Divinity LostKult: Divinity LostLex Arcana
4Shadowrun 5th EditionConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfStar Trek AdventuresForbidden Lands: Retro Open-World Survival Fantasy RPGThe Expanse
5Call of Cthulhu 7th EditionDeluxe Tunnels & TrollsDCC LankhmarConan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed OfRuneQuest: Role-playing in GloranthaEclipse Phase 2nd Edition
6FireflyBarbarians of Lemuria: Mythic EditionRuneQuest 4StarfinderThe Witcher Roleplaying GameDune RPG
7Fate CoreFeng Shui 2Torg: EternityThe Witcher Roleplaying GameWarhammer 40,000 Wrath & GloryJohn Carter of Mars
8HillfolkFantasy AGEBlue Rose AGECoriolisThe ExpanseChangeling: The Lost 2nd Edition
9TorchbearerParanoiaParanoiaDelta Green Roleplaying GameLegend of the Five Rings 5th EditionThings from the Flood
10-Shadows of the Demon LordDelta GreenAstonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2ENumenera 2: Discovery & DestinyJudge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD

Last edited:

dalisprime

Explorer
Bit of an optimistic nomination as they probably won't be released in 2020, but in case they are: Fading Suns from Ulisses Spiele and Werewolf The Apocalypse 5e from Paradox Entertainment.

Philature

Explorer
Not including the above suggestion of Root (Magpie) and Sword of the Serpentine (Pelgrane Press):

Warhammer: Age of Sigmar (Cubicle 7)
Sentinel Comic RPG (Greater than Games)

I really like this pool. It always exciting to learn about what hopefully coming out in the next year.

Last edited:

Ulfgeir

Hero
My nominations are (if acceptable):

At the moment I am one of the volunteer (and unpaid) proofreaders for both "Call of Cthulhu: Sverige" and "Kopparhavets hjältar". I work together with the guy that created The Troubleshooters, and have playtested it (and written a scenario that will end up in the coming quickstart rules). The game is currently in the illustration and layout-phase, with a kickstarter coming. Latest I heard was in February next year, so it will probably not come out to the annual convention Gothcon (always held during Easter in Gothenburg).

Always love these threads, because they tend to show some interesting games. ;)

Last edited:

Dirk the Dice

Villager
Hi

I’m very much looking forward to Mythras: Lyonesse from The Design Mechanism. I had the good fortune of running a demo game at UKGAMESexpo this year and it was a hit with the players. It captures Vance’s sensibilities perfectly.

Dirk

Birmy

Adventurer
Whispers in the Dark by me and M.T. Black published by Saturday Morning Scenarios

"A few rules:
  1. It must be a standalone tabletop RPG, NOT a supplement, setting, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. If there is a QuickStart version, or a preview, it’s the full release that counts.
  2. It must be due out to the general public in 2020.
  3. It must be nominated by at least one person in this thread. Simply post the name of the game and the name of the publisher below to nominate it.
  4. Nominations will remain open for two weeks, until January 4th. Voting will take place shortly thereafter.
  5. Not your own game or one you’re affiliated with."

BadEye

Chief Development Officer at Demiplane
Cortex Prime. Though its track record also indicates I may be voting for it in 2021, too.

The publisher WAS Magic Vacuum... now it's whatever the name is of the company that does D&D Beyond.
It will be published by Fandom Tabletop, and I assure you there is plenty of Cortex to look forward to in 2020.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases