• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nominations are up!!

Congrats to all of the nominees! Best of luck in the voting!

And a big thanks to all of the judges! I saw diaglo's big pile of products to judge, and I'm glad that I didn't have the job ... too much stuff, and too many good products to make the hard choices.

I do think, having seen the wide range of submission for the Accessories categories, that perhaps next year there should be some consideration to expanding the Accessories into multiple sub-categories (Minis, Software, general accessories, for example).

Psion

Adventurer
Turjan said:
A product has to be sent in by the publisher in order to be eligible. No product - no nomination.

Not to mention it just came out... it would have missed the window.

So if you beg them to enter next year, who knows?

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Vascant said:
Down.. *laughs* I am not down.. I don't view it as NPC Designer was excluded, as far as I can tell it wasn't even judged. I really would like to know though why after I paid the 5 dollars, sent in the 6 CD's with a tracking number and emailed to ensure that they had everything, it was good and entered.. that it wasn't evaluated.

email sent.

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
A few comments

A couple of inconsistencies made it through to both the flyer and the web site- it was 2am when I finished them. As publishers get back to me with their booth numbersfor Gen Con Indy, product sample links and cover images, I'll be updating the flyer as well as the web site.

Also, please everyone be advised I do have a day job, so can only make changes either before I leave in the morning (6am), or when I get back from work and evening commitments (9pm), so it may take up to 48 hours for corrections to be made, for which I apologize.

As for some of the other comments:

-The category is Best d20/d20 OGL. Category description reads: "Awarded for the best book using the d20 mechanic. This is open to d20-derived OGL, d20 Licensed games, and products with special D&D licenses." I've amended the title on the flyer.

-Expanding the Aid/Accessory category: there was already a mechanic in place to accommodate splitting the category- if sufficient entries (as a general rule, 9 from at least six different publishers) were received of a given kind, say software, miniatures, etc, they could be split from the main category provided it wouldn't gut the parent category.

-The web site: I couldn't upload the latest version until after I had confirmation that Russ had made the announcement on the front page of EN World: I wasn't going to let anyone scoop us. Since I work during the day, it had to wait until my lunch hour. If you are linking to the 2006.html file, please be advised that it is inaccurate and not being used. You should be looking at 2006-1.html.

-Sorry about the misspelling, TheSerge! I've got to figure out a way to do electronic entry forms exclusively, that way I don't have to worry about trying to read handwriting!

-Post-ENnies celebrations: we've got the hall for an additional two hours after the ceremony and will have a DJ, so publishers and fandom are encouraged to stick around.

-Lack of Love for Product X:
1. If said publisher didn't enter, we don't consider it: please see the list of participating publishers at http://www.enworld.org/ennies/links.html
2. There may have been lots of love for a product from some judges, but not others. We had a very diverse set of tastes on the panel.

-Over the next two days I'll be posting more product information including descriptions, cover shots, and links to free samples. With a week between the announcement of the nominations and the beginning of voting, I hope this will reduce the popularity contest aspect and encourage fans to explore games with which they are unfamiliar and make better informed decisions.

Thank you for your patience, guys. And thank you judges for your hard work.

Last edited:

Dextra said:
Thank you for your patience, guys. And thank you judges for your hard work.

You do all this work and then thank us for our patience? You must be Canadian... :)

Thanks for all your hard work Dextra. And thanks to all the judges.

joe b.

andrew_kenrick

Community Supporter
Best d20/OGL Product - the Etherscope entry should have been "Etherscope" itself, not the "Lemurian Candidate" adventure.

Aww shucks! And here I was thinking I'd been nominated for two! But I'm happy to share the love with Etherscope itself - congrats guys!

Psion

Adventurer
andrew_kenrick said:
Aww shucks! And here I was thinking I'd been nominated for two! But I'm happy to share the love with Etherscope itself - congrats guys!

Yeah, sorry about that. Might want to fix your sig. ;)

malladin

Explorer
andrew_kenrick said:

Cheers bud, if we could have taken someone else's nomination we would have :lol:

Nigel

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads