• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nominations are up!!

Clueless

Webmonkey
As Shemmy already posted earlier - w00p! :) Thank you for nominating us this year, all of us over at Planewalker are delighted :)

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
JoeGKushner said:
The City of Cauldron is mapped and detailed with bars, spas, and other locations in addition to having the outlaying reigion mapped with notes and history including the town of Redgorge and numerous ruins.

You mean it includes things one might expect with a good adventure module. Heck, the words "Adventure Path" in the title says it is an adventure module as opposed to a setting.

Personally, I do not think that an adventure module (no matter how big) should end up being nominated as both an adventure and a setting.

Granted, congrats to Piazo for it being nominated for best adventure and best cartographer and any other nomination it received, except the one for Best Setting. I happen to strongly disagree with that. Heck, if an adventure module can be nominated for Best Setting, then it can only make folks wonder.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Rasyr said:
You mean it includes things one might expect with a good adventure module. Heck, the words "Adventure Path" in the title says it is an adventure module as opposed to a setting.

Personally, I do not think that an adventure module (no matter how big) should end up being nominated as both an adventure and a setting.

Granted, congrats to Piazo for it being nominated for best adventure and best cartographer and any other nomination it received, except the one for Best Setting. I happen to strongly disagree with that. Heck, if an adventure module can be nominated for Best Setting, then it can only make folks wonder.

Agreed on all counts.

Looks like a good list. :)

Congratulations to all the nominees and thanks to the judges for giving up their lives to read for months! Now go get some rest while you can!

JoeGKushner

First Post
Rasyr said:

We'll have to agree to disagree then. The book has more details in it than you'd use in the adventures making it far more useful than just running the adventurers. One coudl easily run Cauldron or Redgorge without actually running the adventurers themselves. The organizations and other bits that make up the city give ir more of a live than just a standard adventure and innovation, at least in my opinion, should be rewarded.

JoeGKushner said:
I'll be honest.

I was one of those people with no love for Iron Heroes. It didn't do for me. Thought it would've made a good first draft but that it requires a dedicated group of people to wade through the numerous combat options which equal spell complexity. Irregularities in token accumulation, specifics of token acucmulation (or the archer don't shoot my target syndrome), mismatched magic system, lack of clarity in the writing, ton of errata, etc... Good first draft, but best? M'eh.

FWIW, I concur. Plus there may have been some subconscious backlash given the anticipation, the hype, and the pedigree.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads